• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Enclosed Trailer Repair

milsaps118

LawnSite Senior Member
I need to replace a couple panels that have some big holes on our enclosed trailer.

Does anyone know where I can get replacement aluminum panels?

LB1234

LawnSite Gold Member
Good luck with that. We had to have 6-7 replaced last fall. Most body shops won't do it. We actually needed to go to a auto repair for large trucks and buses. Anyway, try a body shop that specializes in truck repair...and I'm not referring to a pickup.

Also, if you have any 'camp-outs' near you try there. I went to the one in jersey and they were willing to order our panels.

OP
milsaps118

milsaps118

LawnSite Senior Member
Good luck with that. We had to have 6-7 replaced last fall. Most body shops won't do it. We actually needed to go to a auto repair for large trucks and buses. Anyway, try a body shop that specializes in truck repair...and I'm not referring to a pickup.

Also, if you have any 'camp-outs' near you try there. I went to the one in jersey and they were willing to order our panels.
After some long research on the Internet, I got lucky and found a company local to me that has the same aluminum material (skin) as on my trailer, or for any aluminum skinned enclosed for that matter. They also have 4-5 different colors to pick from, with both sides painted. I called them and got a price. To replace all the panels on my 16 footer its $300 and that includes them cutting to my exact dimensions of my original panels. Of course you have to take off the old ones and replace 'em which is not a big deal, and that is for black(outside)/white(inside), and...this is actually thicker than OEM @ .040, OEM is usually .030, at least on my Cargo Pro it is .030.