Enclosed Trailer ?

Ben's Landscape

LawnSite Bronze Member
I am looking for an enclosed trailer for this upcoming season. Im upgrading from a 6x12 open. so i was thinking of like a 7x14 enclosed. Since i drive trough the city all day i dont want one to big but just big enough.

However i am stuck on what brand to get and what i should look for. However, i still havent ruled out that i am going for an enclosed or an open trailer since they are like 1/2 the price. Thanks

ralph02813

LawnSite Bronze Member
I am looking for an enclosed trailer for this upcoming season. Im upgrading from a 6x12 open. so i was thinking of like a 7x14 enclosed. Since i drive trough the city all day i dont want one to big but just big enough.

However i am stuck on what brand to get and what i should look for. However, i still havent ruled out that i am going for an enclosed or an open trailer since they are like 1/2 the price. Thanks
Well, I have been going through the same thought process, only I only have a small 4 x8 that I haven't put on the road yet, but something that was pointed out to me was that your 6 x12 probably has more room than an enclosed 7 x14 will have (when loading up your whole body and everything else has to fit inside and enclosed trailer). So you might consider going to a 16. Just a thought.

AsharperImage

LawnSite Member
I went through the same delema you are and settled on a sixteen foot carmate enclosed with an addition six inches of height added to the roof and doors, it's on order now looking forward go getting it and getting it lettered up nice, good luck
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
B

Ben's Landscape

LawnSite Bronze Member
Well, I have been going through the same thought process, only I only have a small 4 x8 that I haven't put on the road yet, but something that was pointed out to me was that your 6 x12 probably has more room than an enclosed 7 x14 will have (when loading up your whole body and everything else has to fit inside and enclosed trailer). So you might consider going to a 16. Just a thought.
That is a really good point i didnt thing about that. I have a 12 ft now but the thing is that its 12ft including a dove tail which is like dead space so thats why i was thinking of a 14ft because it would ad a total of 4ft to my box area. But now you have me thinking!

OP
B

Ben's Landscape

LawnSite Bronze Member
I went through the same delema you are and settled on a sixteen foot carmate enclosed with an addition six inches of height added to the roof and doors, it's on order now looking forward go getting it and getting it lettered up nice, good luck
Posted via Mobile Device
Im glad to see that a couple of people have had the same delema. I talked to a guy today that sells carmate trailers and he said they were built well but are they really or is that the salesmen talking? What made you choose that?

I almost think between a 14 and a 16 ill have to see what kind of deal i can get weather it would be new or used.

Heres what i want to be able to put in it and just wondering if it will fit.

48 exmark wb
36 toro wb
push blower
and a 21

and obviously hand tools on a rack, weedwackers on a rack and back pack blowers on a rack.

But if the set up changes i forsee a stander or stand on of some sort so i would proably take the 36 out and either have the 48 with a 52 stand on but keep the 48wb in or switch the 36 in and out with the 48 as i need it. Knowing this is what im trying to do what size do you guys think?

Lefet

LawnSite Bronze Member
Subscribing. Looking into an enclosed this year, but looking at 18-20'. We need 2 60" ztrs and a 48" WB. Along with all the other necessary equipment during leaf season. I also want it to be a shop on wheels.

AsharperImage

LawnSite Member
Bigger is always better I'd try to go sixteen if you're looking to fit all that, or bigger of course keep in mind your tow vehicle will effect the trailer you buy I have a 2500 gas ram and still those enclosed trailers are only as aerodynamic as a box,
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
B

Ben's Landscape

LawnSite Bronze Member
Thats true ill be pulling it with a 250 powerstroke with 4:10 gears i dont think ill have a problem with that. just i have a couple of yards that are on dead end streets where i need to back into driveways so i dont know how big i go because i have the ex cab 8ft bed too before ya know it ill be driving a semi around hahaha

I found a good deal on a 2008 homesteader 7x14 for 4k. new this unit set up the way it is is like 6500 ish. But i do agree with your statement bigger is always better! i would go to a 16 with out a problem if i didnt have the driveways.

What are your opinions LEFET(just trying to see everyones ideas because someone may think of something that anouther wouldnt, and we can get the best answer for the situation)? What have you found with looking at brands and bang for your buck?

Lefet

LawnSite Bronze Member
Mostly what I've been seeing for what we need is way too much, and it doesn't have nearly what I want. What I'll probably end up doing is upgrading the open first for this year, put some money away and next year have one built. The tow horse is something to be considered too. It really boils down to "want" vs. "need".

OP
B

Ben's Landscape

LawnSite Bronze Member
Exactly what im seeing for the options that if i bought a brand new one that i would want the price is redicouls. when i sit down and can say like the kick boards are optional well i can put that in myself and the extra flap at the end of the ramp door is optional as well i can do that to. thats what im starting to evaluate everything as to see if i can do it cheaper than the factory if i dont need it right away.

See im loosing some of my storage space(at parents house in the shed) so i kinda need to change from the open to the enclosed this year.