1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

enclosed trailer....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RedWingsDet, May 18, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

hey guys. i have a 5x10 open trailer, i got it used for $325, and i absolutly hate it, the gate has to be welded and it needs new boards. how much would an enclosed trailer be? btw, a 98dakota 3.9 v6 is pulling it and im not getting a bigger truck, and i just want to be able to fit 2 48's in, 2 21's, and my edgers,trimmers, and blowers, and a few mexicans (jk about the mexicans). what size do u think i will need? i only have 1 48 for now, but i plan to upgrade later this year to another 48. please help. thanks.

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Pretty much what you want to spend on it. for a 5x10 single axel you may be able to get a deal. They are worth every penny though, i just got a 7x14 dual axel and i love it. Mine has torsion axels, breaks, rear gate and side door, and a few other little things and was about $4000.

3. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

yeah all i really know is that i want dual axel for sure, i hate my single axel, and i will want breaks. i dont know what else i want. and i have about 3500 to spend on one, but i also get them for $150 over cost. so idk. any ideas?

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

I don't think a 5 by 10 will work with 2 walkbehinds and the other stuff.I have a 6 by 12 and a 6 by 14 haulmark i love mine.New you will pay. ballpark a 5 by 10 rampdoor side door interior lights 2500 try lowes they have had some nice trailers.

5. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

i got my 6x12 for $1800. FRIENDLY NEIGHBOR

trevor

6. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

im looking for a 6x12, dual axel, brakes, enclosed, side door, and if i want to pay only $150 over cost it has to be an US Cargo trailer. help me. any sugestions. how much are they retail, anyone know?

7. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

8.5x18 for $4K ;)

8. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

7x16 $3790 rear ramp, side door, interior lights, roof vent

9. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

k sweet, is there any website you guys go to to find out prices?

10. lawnmedic1

lawnmedic1 LawnSite Member

I think your biggest question is going to be how much can your Dakota tow!!! I think size wise you will want at least a 6x12, but if you hunt around you will find 7' units that have interior fenders. They have the tire with of a 6 footer with a lot more space inside...Chuck