1. Trouble Finding PPE, Sanitizer, and Cleaning Supplies?

How can you get what you need for the safety of your crews? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Enclosed trailers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SLC INC, Jul 7, 2000.

1. SLC INC

SLC INC LawnSite Member

I have been thinking about buying a enclosed trailer. People have told me that thay love them and hate them.<br>I am looking at a 8x20 foot Haulmark with a 6 foot ramp door on the side. I will on a weekly basis be putting a walker,48inch walk-behind, and a 60inch exmark. I will build all my trimmer racks and etc. to go on the walls.<br>I have looked at all the other enclosed trailer makers too.<br>Your info is appreciated!

2. Grasscape Inc

Grasscape Inc LawnSite Member

DO IT!!!!!<br>And get a haulmark!

3. lawnnut

lawnnut LawnSite Member

We work out of one and like the Security of it. We made our own racks also. We have not had a chance to put our ads on the side yet but will as soon as we can. That makes it a portable billboard<br>

4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Love my Haulmark. 8'x20' is awfully BIG, make sure you can get it around easy. Here's mine: [​IMG]

5. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

that would be a great investment!! been using a 8x20 for 2 years and love it. you can lock it up when you ned to, also save a lot of time not having to load and unload every morn, and night. also equip. out of weather. get 2 vents one oi front and one in back, this will keep gas and chem. smell down. Good luck. <p>----------<br>Dennis<br>EXCEL LAWN CARE

6. OP
    OP
    SLC INC

SLC INC LawnSite Member

HEY; can you guys let me know what you are putting in your trailers.<p>THANKS

7. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

I had enclosed trailers starting 7 years ago, had them all customized and everything. Owned a total of 5, still have 2 of them.<p>My suggestion is to get a 7' wide one for mowing. I didn't like towing them around and the 8' width made it worse.<p>My most recent one that I personally used was my 7'x14' - was perfect for 2 60&quot; Lazers. The 8'x20' I had was simply too cumbersome to tow around town. We still use our 8'x18' for landscaping.<br>

8. Patrick

Patrick LawnSite Member

We use a 7 x 18 dual axle Pace American enclosed trailer which we bought this spring. We haul 2 Walkers, fuel, tools, trimmers, etc in it. I could go into a lot of detail about why this trailer is unsuitable for our company, but in a few words, it is not nearly heavy duty enough for a day in, day out, mowing operation. We have not abused it by any stretch; it simply does not hold up. I would not recommend it to anyone who needed to pull more than a load of stuffed animals down 500 miles of new asphalt once a year. I will not buy another one. We are going to have a company that builds horse trailers build us our next one. Good Luck.