Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on a hill yesterday and flipped my 36" mower on its top. I see no damage but there was oil leaking out of my air filter chamber. I see no other damage. I decided to quit using it that day, it was my last lawn and I was almost done anyway. after soaking up the oil where it was leaking, and apparently it stopped leaking once it was righted I started it to get it on my trailer. It spit out blue smoke and ran rough until I got it on the trailer. I shut it off and I was wondering, is that just oil that got in the fuel or is this a more serious problem. Should I take it in to a shop and have them check it out. Thanks for any help. Paul

·
Registered
42 Posts
Other than a possible oil soaked air filter you are probably past any problems. Sometimes the cylinder will get so much oil the engine can't turn through and can even bend a rod if it rolls through just right. Check the air filter and the plug and just run it until the smoke clears up.

Mike

·
Registered
132 Posts
Don't forget, check the oil!! If too much drained out, you don't want to seize the engine!!

I think I'd pull the plug and roll it over a few times to make sure there isn't a serious amount of oil in the cylinder before restarting.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
paulkcfd said:
Grey, do you mean the spark plug, and by turn it over, just pull the rope start a few times?. Would that help clear out any other oil in there. Thanks again. Paul
No, There isn't any other oil to worry about now since you have already cranked it up.He was referring to removing the plug and pulling the rope to prevent a hydro lock from a excessive amount of oil getting in the cylinder when it flipped.
You should be good to go now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.