• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Encore Vs Hustler Fastrak

Steve Gooch

LawnSite Member
My wife & I purchased 3.5 acres with a gradual slope and lots of trees.
I will be having the land professionally cleared of some saplings and unwanted cedar trees.
I plan on purchasing a ZTR and really like the features on the Encore Z Series (Kawasaki) and the Hustler Fastrak (Honda).
Just wanted opinions from some pros on these two ZTR mowers?
Here's some snapshots of our property.
Thanks!
Steve

http://www.stevegooch.com/

robertyb

LawnSite Member
Look at Simplicity. com, residental mowers. Price is right and good features for money. Snapper has basically same mower. Residental usage only but has commercial features.

robertyb

LawnSite Member
Hmmm. Looking at the pictures I think it is pretty flat. My Ford tractor with a bushhog would do the trick. Why do you need a lawnmower for this property? If you are going to make it all into a yard I would suggest a full size Z. Maybe a Hustler Z, Grasshopper or Exmark.

Doc Pete

LawnSite Gold Member
With all that bumpy ground, I'd look for a Garden Tractor instead of a ZTR. You won't need the zeroturning and it's nice to have that steering wheel to hold on rather than nothing with a ZTR.
DP