1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Encore Walk Behind. Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by bzroot, Dec 17, 2016.

1. bzroot

bzroot LawnSite Member

Looking to grab another mower and ran across this used mower that's for sale locally. I know nothing about Encore mowers, but at $400 it has me interested. If it runs and everything works as expected, would you say it's a good deal or how much do you think it's worth? It's a 36" Proline and comes with the mulching kit. Not sure on hours yet. Anyone have any experience/thoughts on encore mowers? They're pretty tough to find much info on - don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Screen Shot 2016-12-17 at 12.33.45 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-12-17 at 12.34.21 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-12-17 at 12.34.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-17 at 12.33.45 PM.png

2. Mr Stripe

Mr Stripe LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Seymour Missouri

Wow! $400 is hard to beat. I don't know much about Encore either but for a small gate mower.. I got a $60 weekly client that I had to change her gate to accommodate my 48" so if I said $30 weekly profit to use on her backyard alone. In 13 weeks it would pay for itself. One backyard.

3. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Pretty clean. If parts are readily available and its solid you better go pick it up. Never owned that brand yet

4. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Platinum Member

I ain't no cutter, I'm a fixer, so don't know about prices, etc. But as others have mentioned, looks clean/decent shape to me.
    If ya can, pop the deck cover off and check the spindles fer shake/excessive play, look the belts over, mayhaps pull the plug, air filter cover, etc.
    But fer the price, seems like a good deal.

5. Encore=Worldlawn=Chinese manufactured, assembled in USA.

Encore is out of business.

6. Greencuts518

Greencuts518 LawnSite Platinum Member

I see theirs an encore pro line 36 being sold near me. It's being sold by a local small engine shop so it's priced higher but looks clean and I feel better buying from a shop. I've yet to call and ask any questions but figured I'd ask you guys what you thought about them...So far I've read that they're good mowers but are Chinese and now owned by worldlawn. Can u still get parts for these...thanks in advance

7. DXN1EL

DXN1EL LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TEXAS

8. DXN1EL

DXN1EL LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TEXAS

I will pick that up. A friend has one I have took it for a spin and it is a solid mower

9. Robert w.

Robert w. LawnSite Member

10. Robert w.

Robert w. LawnSite Member

I've never experienced worse customer service than with encore. My 2