Equipment and More - OakNut Takes a Lot of Photos

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by OakNut, Jun 18, 2012.

1. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

Doing those is way harder than it looks. If it's not even, it'll stick out like a sore thumb, as the top is against the sky. Nice job!

2. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Absolutely.
    When working on "normal" hedges, you can see what you're doing while you're working. With something that tall, you need to stand back and look from a distance to be sure you're getting everything even. It doesn't help that the ground has a dip in it too which can throw off the top if not paying attention.

Thanks.

3. OakNut

May 8, 2014:

Still have to upload the pics of the hour meter, but I just turned over 300 hours on my Toro SR4 that I bought July 15 2012 (see post #14 in this thread)

4. OakNut

Picked up a new Toro TimeMaster last week to add to the mix.

[​IMG]

Shown: Ferris 36" dual hydro walk behind, Toro 30" TimeMaster, Toro 21" Super Recycler (one of two SR4s shown)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Size comparison:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And hot damn - if I need to, they all FIT!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. TML

TML LawnSite Senior Member

That looks like a great low overhead, low easy maintenance, high profit set up right there. I like it:)
    Posted via Mobile Device

hort101 likes this.
  6. Lawn Craft

Lawn Craft LawnSite Member

Great to see someone else that buys as needed, and not worried about getting as fast as they can. I to have a few homeowner pieces of equipment, but its not always the equipment, if you have the know how. Great thread.

hort101 likes this.
  7. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Alabama

How do you keep it so clean I don't even have time to wash mine lol

8. OakNut

Thanks. I may not have everything I want, but for the most part I have everything I need, and I'll keep plugging away until I do get everything I want.
    It's been an interesting couple of years.

9. NJLCA

NJLCA LawnSite Member

I happen to be happy you take a lot of pictures! I know this is an old thread, but in my search for a photo of various pieces of equipment, I came across your pics.

My name is Gail and I am the Director of Operations for the NJ Landscape Contractors Association. I am wondering if I might get permission to use one of your photos for the front cover of our September issue of The New Jersey Landscape Contractor magazine?

Please let me know. You can also reach me at gwoolcott@njlca.org. Thanks in advance!

hort101 likes this.
  10. OakNut

Gail, I'm glad you got to see the photos before Photobucket decided to demand $400 a year for my images to be displayed again.

So much for this thread. Aside from this thread I have many, many others on other forums starting around 2006 that have pictures I've shared, and instructions with photos to help others - threads about pets and incredible images of nature that I see while working - all gone.
    Well, the photos aren't gone - they are just being held for ransom by those scumbags at Photobucket.

The best part is that I have an upgraded account that I am PAYING for and they still changed the rules to only allow images to display on forums if you opt for the top of the line $400 plan.

Well that isn't going to happen. Sadly I must "start over" by finding an new image hosting site. It would be impossible to go back and "fix" what they have destroyed for millions of people.
    Sad.

hort101 likes this.