Equipment dealerships bid.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KUMA01, Dec 23, 2019.

1. KUMA01

KUMA01 LawnSite Bronze Member

I’m bidding on an equipment dealership where excavators skidsteers, bulldozers ect. Are all parked in rows for display. What would be the best way to go about mowing the turf areas. The companies in the past have used large mowers for the straight of ways gaps. 72inch decks and then have done a few hours of weed eating and blowing off equipment. Is there a fast way to doing this? Roundup around the tracks, buckets, blades ect. It eliminates the tons of weedeating and blowing off the equipment. All machines are parked 24 inches away from each other so I can put a 21 inch mower between every machine to cut. But the downside is looking at brown lines all the time it’s very nice Bermuda that the equipment is parked on... roundup can be used it states in the contract but I’m just worried it won’t look good appearance wise any opinions? Contract pays extremely well. And was bid based on hours of weedeating/blowoff equipment. But if I can get out faster with less labor I’m all for it!

2. Cjames808

Cjames808 LawnSite Senior Member

Get the keys!!!

3. OP
    OP
    KUMA01

We are talking huge high roller bull dozers excavators to big to put on a tractor trailer you have to piece them together! Skidders tires that are 8ft in diameter. Rubber tire loaders that have ladders to get on. Pan trucks that are massive. Excavator buckets that can fill a dump truck in one scoop ect. All the way down to mini excavators and skid steers. No way in allowed to drive the majority of the equipment lol

Cam15 likes this.
  4. hal

hal LawnSite Silver Member
    from Georgia

Round up was first developed for a growth regulator on Bermuda. If you weaken it, dilute it, it can act like a growth regulator, mix green dye in it to keep it green.

Cam15 and KUMA01 like this.
  5. Mowing monkey.

Mowing monkey. LawnSite Senior Member

There’s a car dealership in town that must have 100 vehicles parked on the grass. I’ve wondered who gets stuck with moving them when they mow.

Mark Stark and Cam15 like this.
  6. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Ark

You mention it is "nice" grass so I wouldn't use Roundup or similar products. What will happen is you will knock the "nice" grass back and numerous other weeds will appear making it look worse.

Another thing, I'm guessing you aren't licensed for applying pesticides and don't understand the proper use of them. No offense just saying, I know people who aren't licensed tend to get bent out of shape about this.

As far as reducing the need to blow off the equipment after mowing, use a mower with a mulch kit or chute blocker.

Since your going to need to trim around them bid the time it takes.

Another thought. Could it be arranged on a certain day for the equipment to be moved so you can mow? If so explain you can give them a price break.

zlandman, Cam15 and KUMA01 like this.
  7. OP
    OP
    KUMA01

You are correct about the license that’s all hired out. And I do run a chute blocker on my units and a 21 Honda no need bc the deck is one piece. but the tracks Bottom sides and the rollers ect have to be blown off. That comes from trimming....
    And moving the equipment is not an option as there is over 250 units, plus buckets ect. There is an increase safety that I have to abide but as well hard hats, steel toed boots, long pants safety glasses and vest. I’ll get some pictures when I’m back in town for y’all to see.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    Mark Stark and Cam15 like this.
  8. OP
    OP
    KUMA01

Liebherr mining Corporation branch all the grass areas has rows filled with equipment now.

524EC15D-305B-489C-9447-3BF6F6258DF8.png

Cam15 likes this.
  9. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Ark

PITA job
    PITA price

10. Matthews Lawn Care

Matthews Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

I’d use a growth regulator or I wouldn’t do it. The liability of trimming around all that equipment is extremely high.

GrassManKzoo and KUMA01 like this.