Equipment Defender spool holder

Caledwen

LawnSite Senior Member
For those of you using the Equipment Defender trimmer spool line holder. How are you preventing it from spinning while in motion? From stop to stop mine comes unraveled and makes a tangled mess of my line.

Scottdubya83

LawnSite Senior Member
DE9B6D5A-F3A5-4E66-B5AD-F5524C5985A5.jpeg
I don’t have Equipment Defender, My line spool holders were made from stuff I had laying around. That said, when I buy a new spool, I drill holes every inch or so all the way around the spool that are just slightly larger diameter than the string. Then, wherever I cut the string, I thread it in and out of a couple holes and it stays put.

ltdlawn

LawnSite Platinum Member
View attachment 387645 I don’t have Equipment Defender, My line spool holders were made from stuff I had laying around. That said, when I buy a new spool, I drill holes every inch or so all the way around the spool that are just slightly larger diameter than the string. Then, wherever I cut the string, I thread it in and out of a couple holes and it stays put.
is that the Oregon platinum in blue? You like?

Scottdubya83

LawnSite Senior Member
No, that is Shindaiwa silent twist. I do have a 1 lb spool of the Oregon platinum super twist. I find both of those to be similar. Ok, but the spool on top, Rotary Vortex is my favorite. I have bought lots of different shapes and brands and the Rotary is now my go to. The only other line comparable in my opinion is echo black diamond. But I can’t tell a difference between it and Rotary and I get Rotary much cheaper than black diamond so that’s what I buy now.

ltdlawn

LawnSite Platinum Member
No, that is Shindaiwa silent twist. I do have a 1 lb spool of the Oregon platinum super twist. I find both of those to be similar. Ok, but the spool on top, Rotary Vortex is my favorite. I have bought lots of different shapes and brands and the Rotary is now my go to. The only other line comparable in my opinion is echo black diamond. But I can’t tell a difference between it and Rotary and I get Rotary much cheaper than black diamond so that’s what I buy now.
I use the square magnum solo 3 lbs last almost 3 seasons