Equipment for new house?!

Ray CT

LawnSite Member
Hello all. I’m not a lawn care professional but I’m purchasing a house with just under an acre of property (.92) and a nearly 12’ x 200’ driveway in Connecticut. I have no lawn care equipment and am considering taking care of the property personally. The catch is that I’d be interested in getting the mow/plow time to a reasonable minimum if it seemed that it’d be cheaper long term. Seems like hiring for mowing would be $75 a week and plowing could be $60ish. I’d like the sense of pride in doing it myself but recognize that there are factors that play into the decision.
Is there an all-in-one option that you’d recommend for this undertaking? In pushing around the googles I came upon a walker (t25i) with the snowplow. It’d be a big cash-drop but if I could mow the grass, collect the fall leaves, and plow the driveway with the same machine at less than an hour per task I’d feel better about the long-term maintenance of the property. What are your thoughts on my options and mindset?
Thanks.

zlandman

LawnSite Bronze Member
Hello all. I’m not a lawn care professional but I’m purchasing a house with just under an acre of property (.92) and a nearly 12’ x 200’ driveway in Connecticut. I have no lawn care equipment and am considering taking care of the property personally. The catch is that I’d be interested in getting the mow/plow time to a reasonable minimum if it seemed that it’d be cheaper long term. Seems like hiring for mowing would be $75 a week and plowing could be $60ish. I’d like the sense of pride in doing it myself but recognize that there are factors that play into the decision.
Is there an all-in-one option that you’d recommend for this undertaking? In pushing around the googles I came upon a walker (t25i) with the snowplow. It’d be a big cash-drop but if I could mow the grass, collect the fall leaves, and plow the driveway with the same machine at less than an hour per task I’d feel better about the long-term maintenance of the property. What are your thoughts on my options and mindset?
Thanks.
Hi Ray, you're posted in the wrong thread.
A Walker mower with attachment (s) would be an excellent machine for a homeowner. Yes the upfront cost is a lot but taken care of you could easily run it 15 - 20 or more years. Flip side the home center mowers will only last a few years.
Plus the Walker will give you a beautiful cut which is nearly unmatched.

zlandman

LawnSite Bronze Member
Hi Ray, you're posted in the wrong thread.
A Walker mower with attachment (s) would be an excellent machine for a homeowner. Yes the upfront cost is a lot but taken care of you could easily run it 15 - 20 or more years. Flip side the home center mowers will only last a few years.
Plus the Walker will give you a beautiful cut which is nearly unmatched.
Thanks Moderator for moving the thread!