Lawn Care Forum banner

Equipment photos

3M views 4K replies 623 participants last post by  Shorelandscaper 
#1 ·
Per several of your requests I am posting some of the pics of our equipment. The last pic of everything was taken in June. Since then we have added several other pieces but they will be included in our 2003 shot.

Everything here gets washed everyday before leaving the shop. No questions asked. Our image is everything. Feel free to ask questions, I will try and answer them as best I can. I am leaving to go out west for vacation tomorrow so I'll do the best I can in the meantime.

etwman

Tire Wheel Plant Land vehicle Vehicle

See less See more
#2 ·
our 2002 photo shoot in June

For landscaping '98 Dodge Cummins 4x4 with dump body

2000 New Holland Compact TC40D with supersteer and quick attach set up with the bucket so we can run any skid steer attachment.

Harley pro-8 power rake

24' Zimmerman deckover Trailer

Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Tree

#3 ·
inside the enclosed trailer.

Currently (3) Huslter 2500's
Perman Green Sprayer
John Deere JX75
6 Pieces of Stihl Equipment
Pressure Washer
Tool Chest
Grinder
Generator
Air compressor with (2) airlines to front and back
Air tools and a 300 piece tool chest.
heater
rhino lined floor
enough spare parts to overhaul just about anything on board.

Motor vehicle Vehicle Engineering Gas Industry

Reactions: hort101
#4 ·
front of 28' enclosed trailer looking back

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Wood

#5 ·
our 2001 photo

Plant Cloud Wheel Sky Tire

#8 ·
pj-

yes we have the edger attachment that guys slip on every other week on the commercial sites and edge the sidewalks real quick. It works really great. No back vacs, we don't bag anything. We send it right back where it came from. We don't cut anything less than 3.5" The 2500's are a great machine build like a tank. The super Z's are good too but I think they were trying get $$ down for production when they came out with that. Sometime in the next year or so we will switch all three out at once to eliminate excessive parts to carry with us. We are around 1000 hours on them now. Oil changed every 50, air every 50, greased every day. And most importantly of all sharp blades every day. With the air tools and jacks we can have a mower switched out in less than 5 minutes.

The guys out at Huslter know all about this rig. It even says "Hustler Turf Equiment" on the outside in small letters.

etwman

#9 ·
The bed on the Dodge is a reading body. Steel with a hoist. Yes it dumps. The tool boxes are an "L" pack and we have a wheel barrow rack on top of that. Every spec is taken up possible. We carry about 15 tools behind the wheel barrows inside PVC tubing mounted against the front of the dump body. The dodge is diesel 4x4.

#10 ·
pj this one is for you

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Asphalt Cross

#12 ·
28 and we are out of room and weigh in @ 9,870 lbs. fueled.

Shadowmaster Race Trailer out of .....where else..... Elkhart, where they are all from.

#13 ·
Great looking rig! The first pic shows some beautiful landscaping do you maintain that prop also and are those spade cut edges or do you also have a bed edger. How many years have you been doing this full time. Know one can call you a trunk slammer!

Do you prefer the tractor over a bobcat ?

#16 ·
turfman -

Yes they are our sites. The only sites we maintain are five acres and larger. You can check under "lawn care packages" thread and I talk more in detail about it there.

We do have a brown bededger but are considering a self propelled Bedshaper for next year.

Bobcat over tractor. You can go round and round about that one. The tractor is good because of the 3 point hook up. The bucket on the tractor is a quick attach plate and we do have hydros that run up to the front. We have run augers, grapple buckets, forks, etc. off the front. The only real drawback we face is lift capacity. A bobcat will have it at that. We max out at 2000 lbs. so it gets a little hairy at times. Both have advantages but the tractor runs the overseeder better and the powerrake better. 6 one half a dozen the other. If we need a skidder we rent one.

How many years? This company is going on its 3rd year believe it or not and looks hit into the seven digit sales mark. We declared a profit the 1st and 2nd years. I had a company in NJ for 7 years went off college, got my degree, worked for others while at college. I made a huge amount of notes, what works, what doesn't, and really observed what customers are looking for and what makes grounds care companies fail. I don't plan on this company getting huge. Maybe 3-4 rigs rolling daily. You can profit fine from that and turn a really good $ if you do your homework.

Hope this helps some.

etwman.

#17 ·
Now that is how you run an operation! When you have quality equipment and and a pro look then you must be a pro. People who offer poor services don't have equipment like that. It sounds like I'm kissin butt, but, I'm not I'm just giving credit where credit is due. The trailer has to be the biggest and best advertiser in the world.

#21 ·
ETW,

First of all hope you enjoy your trip out west.

Nice looking stuff.
I had to laugh my ***** off. Except for the enclosed trailer and the color of the mowers. THIS IS MY SETUP !!!!!!!!!

Your trucks are newer but man this is really spookie SH@#.

Great minds must think a like.

As soon as I get back from my trip. The family is going to Florida.
(WDW). Leaving just like you the 21 want be back for a week.
I will send you some pictures of my stuff.....

Man you and I need together, Maybe long lost brothers or something.

#26 ·
IB Green -

Yes the trailer is the biggest means of advertisement that we have. So much so that we have opted to remove our adds from the yellow pages for next year. Our name is still there, but no adds. Word of mouth and that trailer gives us more work than we know what to do with. Figure out what you spend in the yellow pages then $1500 to letter that trailer and it is well worth it. But your work had better reflect the image.

Reactions: Cam15