Equipment photos

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by etwman, Dec 20, 2002.

1. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

Its been a while since I've revisited some suggestions for making businesses better. I may have touched on this in the past, but think its worth revisiting.

Last week i was in Dallas for a peer group meeting and tour a great landscape company. I made the decision to fly in a day earlier, email John from Eagle Landscape and go grab a great steak. It's been probably 5 years since I've seen John. I had a great Texas meal and we caught up for a few hours. I'm amazed at how fast that Dallas market is growing and how busy everyone is.

Yesterday, I had lunch with the VP of our local bank. I've banked with the same bank for 20 years. A little hometown bank, great relationship, and just openly talked with him about our plans over then next few years. Including our new building which is back on track for fall 2019. He openly gave me some advice on some things and let me know they were there to help in anyway they could. Thanking us for being great customers and running a model business.

Bottom line, stay connected. Have lunch with peers, colleagues, friends, etc. Do what you can do to learn more and grow.

Truck #8 is finishing up, most of the tools will go on shortly. Turned out really sharp, I'll post some pics later. We did some new things with the box behind the cab.

Have a great Christmas everyone.

2. etwman

#8 is home and in bed for the holidays. More pics later. FFEF63F8-FC10-40F0-BB5C-0640FC068BBF.jpeg C109E520-9C98-44C5-8484-1097668C86BA.jpeg

3. etwman

Here’s a few others. We will tool it up after the New Years.

This is Version 5 on these boxes behind the cab. I think we’ve reached the top of the mountain on them. If you think you’re gonna replicate this thing, good luck. It took us about 10 years to master it. 5A7F02B4-F8F7-4874-9061-448359D28790.jpeg 78E967ED-2215-4C79-8172-6EDDA02513FD.jpeg 718F3348-6C12-4F63-868D-B6BED2D87BB5.jpeg BB4DB8D1-A8E0-4262-8B46-594778052EA5.jpeg

UpNorthMowing and hort101 like this.
  4. Mr. Jon

Mr. Jon LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

Just started following this thread. Truck & boxes look amazing! I believe something that detailed would take many years to develop. Just curious what all those small dividers in the lower side boxes are for?

hort101 and S-205 like this.
  5. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

I was wondering the same thing, 1L fluid bottles is what I thought would fit well in there.

So the storage box is open on top and the floor is perforated so water all drains out? That’s cool!

hort101 likes this.
  6. etwman

Bins are for lighting supplies, and various other things.

Yes open on top and bottom. Wheelbarrow will go up top soon.

7. Mr. Jon

Mr. Jon LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

Open on top means not secure from thieves? I guess that's ok as long as nothing very valuable is stored there.
    Will this giant truck stay on the job for the duration or will it come and go every day?

8. etwman

All of our trucks come home everyday and our whole fleet is inside and locked up every night. Theft is not an issue.

S-205 and hort101 like this.
  9. Mr. Jon

Mr. Jon LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

Wow! It doesn't get better than that!

hort101 likes this.
  10. etwman

We are about 85% there on the new building plans for our new facility. It will be roughly three times the size. And yes, all the trucks will be inside, 9 offices, conference room, lunch room / project managers room, showers, and much more.

If the township continues to cooperate we will demo our current building next fall and start this one.

Once I get to a point where I feel confident with it, I’ll render it and post some pics.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

hort101 and UpNorthMowing like this.