1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Equipment photos

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by etwman, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Sti2.5ldohc

Sti2.5ldohc LawnSite Member

Do you consider it better or worse that this happened after you’ve completed. Vs still under construction.

Cam15 likes this.
  2. OP
    OP
    etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

If this had happened during construction it would have been a royal mess. We would have had a week of nothing to do until the water levels went down. Plus we couldn’t have gotten our equipment out of town due to road closures. It would have been a royal mess.

I’m headed up tomorrow to do a recon on the project to begin to put together a plan for the spring. They are expecting 5-8” of snow thursday. I need to see it before its covered.

hort101 and Cam15 like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    etwman

The damage will require at least 2-3 weeks of work in the spring. The lake is still higher than I’d like, it needs to come down soon to prevent more damage to the wall. That region took a serious blow. As I drove south this morning from the resort past the quarry (that’s 30 miles away) we used for the project, I passed 41 tractor trailers trucking stone north for road repair. I had heard talk that over 150,000 tons of stone had left that quarry in the last 5 days. They are not selling to private contractors, only for projects related to roads repairs. That gives you some idea of the extent of damage to that area. Live will go on......

C267F255-FC9E-431A-BA9F-48C2490BF4CC.jpeg

zlandman, hort101, MNLawns and 3 others like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    etwman

Spec’ ing out the 2021 Freightliner M2.........third time is the charm!

Cam15, hort101, MNLawns and 1 other person like this.
  5. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I love your trucks. Beauties! We made a custom bed for my SNG truck last winter. Mainly for hauling the mowers, but built heavy enough to haul anything including my SK1550. Pics are before powdercoat.

What made you abandon the aluminum?

IMG_20190206_124026730_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190206_124047258_HDR.jpg

Shade Scapes Inc., Cam15 and hort101 like this.
  6. OP
    OP
    etwman

They weren’t able to produce it in our timeline, we may try it again when we built the next one. That was the only reason. All the plans are done for it.

Cam15 and hort101 like this.
  7. Sti2.5ldohc

Sti2.5ldohc LawnSite Member

Who is footing the bill for the damage done to your project? Insurance?

Cam15 likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    etwman

We think there will be FEMA money coming, insurance or other options.

Which brings up another thing. You really need to make sure you have very accurate wording in all your contracts that protect you from all this. I know we do, and my peers have reviewed it.

9. James Hewitt

James Hewitt LawnSite Member

Don't count on FEMA for anything other than pure frustration. From Eastern NC here and been through Hurricane Florence, Matthews, Fran, Bertha, and others. FEMA will lead you to disappointment. Your work looks outstanding by the way. Hope all goes well!

10. OP
    OP
    etwman

The resort is working through all that, its not on me.

On another note, here we go. Pulled the trigger today and ordered a 2021 M2, #9 should be on the road by beginning of March.

2CDB2D40-0885-4764-8CDD-10CB4532E322.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019