Equipment photos

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by etwman, Dec 20, 2002.

1. OP
    OP
    etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

No i hear you. The majority of this cost is in land development, office space (we will have 15 offices), we need a wash bay and storage. To add 8 bays is really not a huge expense when you look at everything else. Plus the long term ROI is a lot better on value of a building down the road with truck bays on a resale if you ever wanted to do that, versus just offices.

Every company is different. I’ve seen a lot of landscape companies that house inside and a lot that house outside. It’s whatever works for you.

Green Mentorship and Cam15 like this.
  2. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Fanatic

We park a bunch of open trucks under sheds here and the vans stay outside. Keeping the weather off stuff does make it last a lot longer I feel. Especially items we don’t use everyday like the chipper, vacs and mitered this time of year. If was up where etw is I’d want it all inside during the winter when you probably don’t roll out everyday of the year

Cam15 likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    etwman

Part of me is inclined to hold another open house and incorporate some time in that for anyone who is thinking about building / updating a shop small or big. The things I have learned and thought of over the last year is very long. I'm only doing this once. It has to be right. I'll surely hold one once we are in, but in the meantime I'm pondering this as well.

Stonewall, Green Mentorship and Cam15 like this.
  4. Shorelandscaper

Shorelandscaper LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Perhaps I missed it, but what is the plan for the current facility once the new place is done?

Cam15 likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    etwman

Keep it and rent it out to a mechanic hopefully.

Cam15 likes this.