1. Maintaining Company Culture During Stressful Times

How do you maintain a positive company culture during a time of social distancing, economic uncertainty, and health worries? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Equipment photos

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by etwman, Dec 20, 2002.

1. OP
    OP
    etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

#9 begins to take place. This one is going to be painful in light of all that is going on. We had hoped it would be on the road by May 1st. But its a process right now, like everything else.

50712061-F85E-42D7-8999-E4BCFF17EE35.jpeg

2. extremecutter

extremecutter LawnSite Member

Both are looking good...

3. OP
    OP
    etwman

Road ready. Really happy with it.

49F05C54-69D3-452B-8021-960ADD33D158.jpeg C1406696-7AFA-4E0D-904F-A950C411146A.jpeg 73AFBAE6-477B-4006-9039-2624DA06239D.jpeg

4. coultman859

coultman859 LawnSite Member

Can you speak to the advantage of having everything on one truck? I Idealized you trucks for years, and now that we are really growing, it seems to make more sense for us to spread things out. A half ton can get three guys, two wheelbarrows, a ball cart, and all the hand tools they need to get started until the "material" truck shows up. You don't seem to run smaller trucks. Is there a reason?

5. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

There's always that one tool you really need, that you thought you had lol

Every tool possible on a truck life is good as long as that truck doesn't disappear

6. OP
    OP
    etwman

There's no silver bullet to how to setup a truck. Even the trucks that my peer group members have in their companies are setup slightly different. I will say that any of their hardscape crews are running 26k and bigger trucks. That I am for sure on.

We just like the fact that we can carry 8 tons of product, 20 cy of mulch, and have uniformity throughout the fleet. One set of filters, one set of tires, brakes, cables for winches, etc. It works for us. Our project managers give alot of input in it as well. The life expectancy of these larger trucks is 25 years based on how we use them. You'll never find that in a smaller style truck. So cost per year to operate is actually quite a bit less than a 350 over time. Its just the upfront cost.

it's whatever works for you.

7. mstrat

mstrat LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

8. OP
    OP
    etwman

Dump trailer specs. Because I know there are questions.

53AE26B7-69CD-4E16-B177-EE77CF3BE0C5.jpeg

9. brichter14

brichter14 LawnSite Bronze Member

9 yards of soil is over weight limit.

10. OP
    OP
    etwman

Not our dry screened. We scaled it.