Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have figured out how to post pics on here....I'll get some pics of some SCAG stripes...:D

Started with this....

Scag 36" Belt WB after new 18 hp Kohler....sucks the turf up by the roots! :p

Demoed one of these....(JD 717)

Traded the JD GT235 for this......TODAY! ...Scag Tiger Cub 52" 23hp Kawasaki

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Traded all my scags for this 9 1/2 foot JD

Grass is totally dormant around here - just mowing weeds that stick up every two weeks - dryest July and Aug we have had since 1988

Plant Tire Vehicle Wheel Tree

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Hmmmm - Maybe I need to get my eyes checked, but looks like a barefoot woman with no eye or ear protection with bare feet on something out of junkyard wars. Is she looks topless too? Kinda looks like it.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
22HP diesel with 15HP Kohler - Not topless - Since it is a still pic, we had her (My daughter - 18 yrs old - too young for you darryl) stick the ear and eye protective devices into you training bra. LOL-LOL

·
Registered
192 Posts
I don't want to burst your bubble but the motor on that 36" scag says right on top that it is a 14hp. They don't make a single cylinder 18hp.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
CTservices

How do you like that Tiger cub? looking at buying one soon, How much did it cost? I was thinking of getting the 48" but I like the idea of having a bigger deck,

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, its only 14 hp. I took a gold marker and changed the 4 to a 8....funny thing, it has a LOT more torque than the old 12.5 kaw it replaced. :rolleyes: If anyone is interested in a good deal on some of these rebadged engines, contact me.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by bastalker
Nice upgrade CT!! A rider is a pretty efficient tool no matter who makes em...I dont think you'll ever look back.:D Congrats!
Thanks, after demoing the JD 717, I fell in love....and so did my WIFE...She saw right off the bat how much quicker the Z was than the Tractor.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by pipe76
CTservices

How do you like that Tiger cub? looking at buying one soon, How much did it cost? I was thinking of getting the 48" but I like the idea of having a bigger deck,
I looked at the 48" also, but with the 36" Scag WB, the blades are the same as the 52". I don't need anything larger than a 52" for my properties, so it was a no brainer. Sticker price was $7099. I have put close to 3 hrs on it already, and the extra 4" width is really nice for trimming.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
714 Posts
CTservices - Congratulations on the new mower, why walk when you can ride and get a great cut to boot...
Just upgraded my stuff from a 1999 WB and 2000 Z to a new Lazer HP, I cant believe all the improvements that have taken place in three years.
BobR

·
Registered
740 Posts
flex - so the tractor has a diesel, AND the contraption hooked to it has a 15 horse kohler also?!?!?!?!? I would be scared to go near that thing ..... 37 horses in one spot is alot of horse crap to clean up... lol

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sorry Flex,
I've also never heard of an 18 single cylinder. I was looking at it on a computer that had a very small moniter and it looked like it said 14hp:blush:
Again Sooo Sorry.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.