• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Equipment storage at night.

chrono903

LawnSite Member
Where do you guys store you equip(mowers,blowers,trimmers,etc) at night? I know this really is exposing me as a noob but my garage is stuffed. Thanks in advance! Thom
Posted via Mobile Device

xclusive

LawnSite Bronze Member
I use to store it in my garage until I got an enclosed trailer. I will eventually get a storage container to store more of my crap. So it is completely out of my garage and shed.

Mary Henderson

LawnSite Member
Where do you guys store you equip(mowers,blowers,trimmers,etc) at night? I know this really is exposing me as a noob but my garage is stuffed. Thanks in advance! Thom
Posted via Mobile Device
I keep my gardening tools and equipment and all other things in a storage shed. I bought this storage shed years ago when I realized that I had so many stuff inside the house that there is no more space and there is clutter. So, I bought a pre-cut storage shed kit which was easy to assemble. Since then, it has solved my storage problems. It's secure because I have a lock for it.

--------------
Mary Henderson is a Publisher of http://www.storagesheds360.com and is an expert on the best storage sheds to meet your needs. Visit her informative site for storage sheds, greenhouses, generators, garage shelving and cabinets. For a superb Arrow shed look at http://www.csnsheds.com/Arrow-WL108-NK1244.html...

albhb3

LawnSite Senior Member
I wonder if you hook up some kind of electrical charge to the trailer would it fry you?

Darryl G

Inactive
An enclosed trailer is one of the worst places to store your equipment. Not only are they easy to break into, they are easy to just hitch up to and tow away with everything in them. If you don't believe me, go over to the stolen equpment section and read for yourself....I did a search and these are the matches searching in titles only in that section...I'm sure there are many my search missed.

http://www.lawnsite.com/search.php?searchid=4787184

nepatsfan

LawnSite Gold Member
I wonder if you hook up some kind of electrical charge to the trailer would it fry you?
Definitely at one time or another you would go out and touch the trailer or someone in your family would lean on it or something. I like where you were going with that though. I hate thieves and I would love to see them get fried trying to steal.

I have a shop where I keep my stuff. The only thing that stays outside are trailers(which have locks on them). All my stuff is insured also. I have a camera on the outside of the building which is hooked up to a dvr. It goes on with motion. the dvr is 500gb. The camera is infrared so it works at night or during the day. My cousin has an alarm company and set it up for me at cost. cost me around $500 for the camera and the dvr, plus a case of beer and I have to do a mulch job at his house.

M.M.A. Mowing

LawnSite Member
Posted via Mobile Device
I have limited space in my garage as well, so I decided to rent a storage unit. Kinda pricey ($149 a month for a 10x25) but all of my equipment is completely safe from vandals and theives. Did some shopping around first though, found some around $30 cheaper but they didn't have things like lighting and electrical outlets. Set up a work bench and shelves and, viola'. Shop.
Posted via Mobile Device