1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Estimate advice?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JohnsonLawn, May 9, 2005.

1. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I am bidding on a job that reqiures me to transplant 5 small forsythia and install 5ft. arbs. The area is 60 ft long, and the client is looking to create a (fenceline) privacy border with the arbs. I was thinking that 24 arbs placed @ 30" spacing would be good coverage. My question is, can I plant them closer together than 30" (more like 24") or is my spacing ok. And what would you bid this job at. I can get the arbors for about $44.00 each. I was thinking around $2400.00 including the transplantings. Tell me what you thinks. Thanks guys!

2. jd boy

jd boy LawnSite Member
    from nw ohio

arb spacing would depend on the specific arb. we have 5' emerald green arbs that are very tight and upright, these you could easily get away with a 24" spacing. We also have nigras that are probably 3 times the width to get the same height.