1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Estimate Bid Sheet

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KDLAWN, Oct 19, 2005.

1. KDLAWN

KDLAWN LawnSite Member

I am trying to find a simple way to do my bidding for next year for commercial accounts and just needing to know how you guys do it..

I was thinking about making a list and discription of my services. Then put a price on each one (customed to the property) and let them check off the ones they wanted.. but then I got to thinking that I could price my self out of the bid real fast doing it that way... the other problem I am having is getting to the decision maker .. how do you guys do this.. how do you get past the gate keeper/keepers??...

Just needing some help in the way you guys do it..

2. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

i call ahead and speak with the person in charge of such matters and say something like

" i am looking at expanding my clientel for the next season and would like to put in a bid for services at ????? location.when will you be accepting bids? and when could i meet with you ?"

then they usually will tell you if they are taking bids and when and who to see.when i show up i first talk to them for a few min to find out what services they are looking for then i excuse myself to look about the property and bid accordingly.i then return to that person with a prepared bid.i use a very simple but effective bid sheet, i have gotten many accts because of its simplicity:

for some reason it will not let me upload it ,wrong format it says.anyway send me an email or pm and i will email it to you.

befnme@yahoo.com