Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rectangle Font Handwriting Grass Material property

I am a solo dude really just starting out. Created this estimate flyer myself and leave it on doors with painter's tape.

In July I put out 47 in one neighborhood. After a month 7 people had called from them to get work done from the estimate.

I then did another hours worth in one neighborhood which was around 30 flyers and 2 people got work done for $225 total.

Today I spent an hour taping up 25 more. I expect a call or two perhaps.

So I have found the conversion rate here to be pretty good. This is proving to be a fairly effective idea. Simple sharing because some people out there may find benefit for themselves in making up something similar in nature.

Be good!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks like you converted 14% on the first and 6% on the second.
What was the net profit? And no, your net profit is not 225 from job 2.
I'm not deeply committed to the business aspect so figuring up some exact net profit number is not available for now. I am more doing this to get money for my own vehicle. I may be getting more serious about things after that but who knows. Thank you.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do people screenshot this back to you on what they want done?

you might want to touch base with @Hurryupelectric on what he has done with door hangers.

Historically, door hangers have the worst acquisition rates.
This is on a different level. Potential customers know upfront their cost for the work and its at this point that more people will get in touch with interest versus just flyers. Letting them know what they are getting done with the price is simply a powerful thing. Plus the whole flyer design communicates very well. Everyone has called me up and we've gone from there. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I’m betting your not insured, which puts you in a bind going on peoples property if you damage something. But that’s your call, lots of people do it, for some the tuition for the lesson is expensive.

not understanding your numbers is why lots of people don’t make it. It’s one of the key drivers to make sure your making a profit, not just working to work.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m betting your not insured, which puts you in a bind going on peoples property if you damage something. But that’s your call, lots of people do it, for some the tuition for the lesson is expensive.

not understanding your numbers is why lots of people don’t make it. It’s one of the key drivers to make sure your making a profit, not just working to work.
Ok thanks.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Do people screenshot this back to you on what they want done?

you might want to touch base with @Hurryupelectric on what he has done with door hangers.

Historically, door hangers have the worst acquisition rates.
Yeah, I have a bunch of door hangers but have been too busy to put any out. Having a google business profile and website has been getting me enough work. I think I'll just use the door hangers to hit houses that are next to ones I'm already servicing if I decide to hire again next year.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I'm a very fit and healthy guy with lots of energy. This allows me to get around with more ease while achieving overall better effectiveness. Best answer to your question. Thanks.
If you're so fit though why 2 minutes? Are you knocking and talking? You should average a flier every 20 seconds or less if you tape it up and go. Or are you actually writing a unique quote on each of these?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
If you're so fit though why 2 minutes? Are you knocking and talking? You should average a flier every 20 seconds or less if you tape it up and go. Or are you actually writing a unique quote on each of these?
I drive around and choose yards that look like they need some work. And I have to walk to the back yard in order to establish a price. This is why it is taking more time.

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
I drive around and choose yards that look like they need some work. And I have to walk to the back yard in order to establish a price. This is why it is taking more time.
You should be looking at and choosing yards that are quick and easy to service and free from clutter and yard trash. You'll understand why in due time.

Keep it up though.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
You should be looking at and choosing yards that are quick and easy to service and free from clutter and yard trash. You'll understand why in due time.

Keep it up though.
Hopefully his driving around is within the area of current service, or he’ll learn the route density lesson the hard way, just like the rest of us. He’s already commented he doesn’t really seem concerned about his numbers.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts