• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Estimate for 2 1/2 acre site in Virginia

wolfn69

LawnSite Member
I had a contract last year for $288 a month cutting 2 1/2 acres with an out building/shed and Main building. Limited trees and moderate trimming( sidewalks and trees/buildings) The problem to me was I was cutting the property 3 times a month most of the year lagging down to 2 times October thru early December. What should I be charging them for the cuts? Individually per cut? Not to mention this price included airating ,seeding and fertilizing. Please Help as I am tryn to start out on my own.

OP
W

wolfn69

LawnSite Member
They had a contract written up from April to November with extra pay if property needed to be cut. What should I do with the cost per acre etc...
Should I charge per cut or a set fee for the months cut?

Thank You,

Joseph D Michael

bwhanger

LawnSite Member
I would just charge a per cut fee or you can give them a monthly contract from april to november. If they call you after November then it is extra depending on the work. I would just see what is better for you man.