1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Estimate help please

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by McNeal Lawn, Apr 1, 2002.

1. McNeal Lawn

McNeal Lawn LawnSite Member

I am just seeing if I am on track with all the information I have gathered from this site. A 3000 sq ft yard, wide open, what would you charge to round up existing turf area, verticut, remove debris, seed with bermuda, roll area, and fertilize? I am at $315.00.

2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

and take it away and dispose?

3. McNeal Lawn

McNeal Lawn LawnSite Member

Yes, remove debris and depose of debris.

4. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy LawnSite Senior Member

we dont use bermuda seed so i dont kow how much it costs. we dont do renovations that way either. i would want to till the area after the grass has died.

our way $1,800-$2,100

your way- about $600-$800

by tilling it, you remove the need to haul away most of the debris.

but, our roto tilling machine was rather expensive(power trac utility machine with a slew of attachments)

5. nu83

nu83 LawnSite Member
    from omaha

you are way too cheap, have you done this sort of job before? Labor alone will be more than that I would think.

6. tpl

tpl LawnSite Member

Bermuda doesn't seed very well at all. You may get around 1-2% germination. I always found that sprigging it works the best. As far as your price goes, I would be charging around 1400 to till and sprig. Ohio is right. By tilling, you save a lot of labor.

I always charge around 3.75 to 4.50 a yard for simple renovations like this one seems to be.

1000 sq ft = 111.1 sq. yrds.