1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Estimate on lightly trimming these 8 large crype myrtles.

Discussion in 'Tree Climbing, Pruning, Felling' started by Holland, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Holland

Holland LawnSite Senior Member

So I'm gonna take off about 3-4 foot off these huge crype myrtles. Just a basic cleanup on them. Wanting to gauge what other lawn care guys would charge. So what would you charge for eight trees like this?

unnamed.jpg

2. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

you got a bucket truck? Dam, 3-4 ft seems like nothing why even bother taking that little off?

3. Are you going to Clean up the interior?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. OP
    OP
    Holland

Holland LawnSite Senior Member

I know right. Lol. No I do not have a bucket truck. Just a 16 foot ladder and my helper. She basically just wants a bit off to dead head and some of crossing branches.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. A_Morris

A_Morris LawnSite Member

I worked for a large landscape co at one point and when we had a bunch of large trees like that to trim we rented a mobile "jlg" style articulating lift. It made life easier and the finished product was always better, not to mention tippy toeing on a 16ft a frame ladder can get sketchy. The Home Depot by me rents one that you can trailer behind your truck. I would charge them the rental fee plus 4 man hours. If you are really thinning them out might take a bit longer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

A twelve foot ladder should do. Thin out all the small crossing limbs. There are LOTS of them. As for height and widths , don't cut anything larger than your Index finger. A worker could spend an hour, with hand clippers, on each tree.

Renting a lift may be safer, but I think moving it around, landing gear turf damage, and the platform being in the way, will make it an aggravation. IMHO

Post some pictures of them when you finish, so we can criticise your work.

7. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I would be 75 to 125 per tree and may or may not include disposal. That would be to prune and thin. I don't top unless I have to
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Yup. I was gonna say 85 per tree but not including disposal.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. cotyledon

cotyledon LawnSite Senior Member

400 bucks.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Why ruin those trees? Thin out and leave the tops alone.