1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Estimate this...hand edging

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GarPA, Mar 24, 2002.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

please give me your man hours and/or cost to do this job. Trench master was not available to rent and my stick edger just doesn't put a prefessional looking deep edge in...so I did it by hand and underestimated the job...I've dont this hundreds of times b4 but yesterday the old body was not working at peak efficiency I suppose...

15 trees, no roots, edges were there b4 but filled in level with turf, edge 3" deep, remove sod and debris, dispose of debris,
    Total linear feet = 300
    No tan bark added at this point

thanks much

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Hey KIt
    Just figure what you think its worth and triple it!!!!

3. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

hey Olderthandirt....you're going to make me take back all those nice things I said about you the other day!!

4. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

We charge .50 cents a foot for trenchmaster. I"m to old at this point to do it by hand.

5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Kit
    Sore back that last 3 days at $50 a day sore arms $30 a day for 2 days hurts to get out of bed for the rest of the week that alone gotta be worth $100 LOL

6. MWM

MWM LawnSite Member

300'/100'per hr= 3 hr x$75-=$225 with sharp spade and no slackers