Lawn Care Forum banner

Estimates and Bills with broken down cost or gross total?

995 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  MowDaddy 
#1 ·
Hey all, just curious what people prefer in their estimates and bills. I have done things both ways sometimes based off of the clients attitude. This is more geared towards landscape jobs/ more inclusive than just mowing/shrub trimming/ etc.

1. I have offered broken down costs for materials/labor/different portions of a job as requested from clients.

2. I have also given more gross total bids with just a total price. Which sometimes leads to them asking for things more broken down.

Just curious about your preferences and why. I feel if you have a good business plan and are honest with your clients about pricing you don't have to hide much. Sometimes when they see things broken down they understand a little easier why costs are what they are.

I generally have repeat customers and don't have issues with people being upset, but I don't think anyone could say they have never had anyone question the costs of things. Not everyone is realistic and in touch with the actual cost of things.

Thanks all!

See less See more
#2 ·
Residential want a lump sum in most cases, commercial want everything itemized. I do both according to what the customer prefers. I've been asked by an HOA recently to also include what my profit margin is in the invoices. That is a big fat NO!

Reactions: Cam15 and MowDaddy
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.