1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Estimates for fence

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by HoseJockey, Sep 29, 2006.

1. HoseJockey

HoseJockey LawnSite Member
    from Memphis

I've gotten 2 estimates for a fence at my house. Was wondering if anyone could give some insight on a fair price. The measurements are 80' across the back,12' from neighbors fence,and 10' from the other neighbors fence.
    First estimates is for $1432.
    Second estimates is for $1645.

Its gonna be a plain privacy fence 8' tall with a man gate on one side and a double gate on the other.

Also, one neighbors fence is on my prop. about 4 inches. Ive heard that the jester is to pay the neighbors to hook on to their fence. But if his is on my prop. then I shouldnt have to pay him??

Any advise/opinions is appreciated.

Thanks
    Hose

2. tdf

tdf LawnSite Member

Both prices are fair. Make sure the low bidder is using the same picket thickness. If you build an 8' fence with the 1/2 inch pickets you could have alot of warping. I am assuming this fence is pressure treated pine using dog eared pickets. Make sure they use ring shank nails or screws

TF