1. Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Gather your top questions about fertilization and nutrient management and join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Estimating aeration?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Novaowner, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Novaowner

Novaowner LawnSite Member

Ok this guy I went to give an estimate to, wanted to have his yard aerated, but I told him all I have is a tow behind one, and it's obvious it won't work on his yard. It's about 3/4 of an acre. If I was to rent a walk behind aerator how long would it take and how much does a walk behind self propelled aerator cost to rent on average?....I know all rental places are different, but they were all closed this evening when I was doing the estimate. This yard is mostly flat, a couple of areas with some hill. Thanks for any input!

2. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

rental will probably be like $45, and shouldnt take u no more than 30 min to complete..............good luck

3. Focal Point Landscapes

Focal Point Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

I think $35 per day here , but would guess more like an hour - especially if you are not familiar with the walk behinds. Be sure to core aerate , maybe just a half day rental.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I do 3/4's for 80, but I think you could get away with 100, maybe even 120.

Yeah, about 40 bucks at the worst for a rental, shop around you can probably find one for 25-30 per half day (4 hours).

5. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Central NY

The rental shops around here have their inventory on the 'net. I just pull up the website, and find what I'm looking for to see prices. You should check out a couple places around you to see if you can, too. Around here, $45/ day for walk behind core aerator.

6. Novaowner

Novaowner LawnSite Member

Thanks to all who responded! I love this website, I hope to be in this business long enough so I can eventually contribute some information! Thanks again all!!