Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!
I'm fairly new to the game and would like some advise on estimating commercial work. This will help me go to the next level. I'm trying to respond to a proposal request for the commons area of an 80 acre subdivision. It appears to have about 7 acres of commons. Any and all tips and advise are welcome.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would just ad to that, there is no way anyone can zero that in for you. You have to go there, pretend you are going to do the job and think out from start to finish .. how much time, how many people etc.

Then set down and do the math .. how much it costs including everything, then ad what you want for profit.

The profit part is a little tricky too, just depends on how much competition you have, what the going rates are etc.

Just think it out very well, do your best on the figures and send it in.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Just go mow it once for free to find out how long it takes. Multiply hrs x $100 and you have a price. LOL!! Just kidding

There are too many factors involved in an estimate. Just go through the motions like you would for a residential estimate (maybe a little more detailed depending on how you do estimates) And depending on the property, company, and area, you may be able to add a little extra to the top of that. Some guys will say they get more for commercial accounts, others claim less, personally it doesn't matter to me if it is commercial or residential my costs are the same so I charge the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.