• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Estimating Help

Taylorman

LawnSite Member
I need help with my estimating skills. I run a chemical and fert company (National Franchise type) and i want to start a cutting crew this summer. Estimating for chemicals and fertilizer is easy but im not sure how to estimate big cutting jobs. I got a call for a bid on a baseball park which i went look at today. It was basically six baseball fields, the area between the fields and the parking area. I shot the distances with my rangefinder and its about 11.5 acres. Trimming is not to much considering its 12 acres. Fencelines which i could round up. How would you guys estimate such a job?

clydebusa

Inactive
I usely charge 70.00 a hour for large mowing jobs when the mower is running, 35 hour for edging and weedeating and blowing. I have 2 accts that are 10 acres. I mow them with a 72" gravely that can mow 10 acres in 2 hours or less. 35.00 hour for triming and blowing. Both accts are 3 hour jobs, so somewhere around 175.00 to 200.00 a cutting. The good thing about the accounts they are every week if they need it or not. Might add I am in Tulsa Oklahoma.