ET water gnome mails

Not sure how I got on the list but I'm now getting emails from ET water with advice on my irrigation management. Latest one.

Hi Peter,

I thought you'd like to know that there's rain in your forecast. *Now would be a good time to turn off your controller so it's not watering when it rains.

I'll send you another note when the rain passes to remind you to turn your controller back on. *

Sincerely,
ET Water Gnome

If these were being sent to your customers would you like that?
My only concern is I'm not sure from looking at the email what address they are using. I think they should add your location and maybe a 5 day forecast. Other than that I think it's pretty good. Maybe we should start a poll.

Sprinkus

LawnSite Silver Member
Looks like your forecast is clear of rain. If you turned off your controller for the rain, now may be a good time to turn it back on. You may want to check the soil first. If it feels dry, turn the controller back on. If it's wet, you may want to wait a couple of days.

Sincerely,
ET Water Gnome

Well, today has a pretty big chance of severe thunderstorms out here. Go figure.

DanaMac

LawnSite Fanatic
At some point, customers need to take responsibility for their own s***. We need to stop relying on a third party to warn us when to turn the sprinklers on and off, when to get our oil changed, when our payment is due, when to wipe our azz. I'm not sending out my spring postcard this year to customers telling them it's time to turn the sprinklers back on. I'm partially hoping I weed out the customers that need constant hand holding. I've already gotten a couple calls of "I haven't seen your postcard in the mail yet. Is it time?". Come on people, what do you think? It's spring, of course it's time.

We've given too much responsibility to other parties to tell us what and when to do something.

Kiril

LawnSite Fanatic
At some point, customers need to take responsibility for their own s***. We need to stop relying on a third party to warn us when to turn the sprinklers on and off, when to get our oil changed, when our payment is due, when to wipe our azz. I'm not sending out my spring postcard this year to customers telling them it's time to turn the sprinklers back on. I'm partially hoping I weed out the customers that need constant hand holding. I've already gotten a couple calls of "I haven't seen your postcard in the mail yet. Is it time?". Come on people, what do you think? It's spring, of course it's time.

We've given too much responsibility to other parties to tell us what and when to do something.
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.