Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever been in trouble in this biz?? I have. A couple of years ago, I was dumping leaves in a gully in my neighborhood. It was a place where everyone took their leaves for years & years. I was told by a neighbor, that the owner of the property wanted the area filled in for eventual building of houses. So, I dump my leaves, next thing I see, is 2 police cars blocking my truck. They tell me that a nearby homeowner has called 911 to report me. They say they have no choice, but to arrest me for illegal dumping. I explained that I thought it was ok, but no luck.They impounded my truck,I was hand cuffed & transported to the police station,put in a cell for 6 hours,transported to the commissioners office(Shackeled & hand cuffed), put before the commissioner, he set my bail at $1800.00, & told me I was going to the detention center if I did not pay the bail. So, I paid the bail on my credit card & was released. I got a lawyer, who charged me $500,went to court & the lawyer knew the district attorney, & they threw the case out & I was found not guilty. LESSON LEARNED: make sure you have permission to dump!!!!!!

SJR Lawncare

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
I have to say, especially with Thanksgiving coming and all, that it sounds just a LEEETLE bit like Alice's Restaurant. So, Everybody - ALL together! "You can get anything you want - at Alice's Restaurant!" Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :)

[Edited by Runner on 11-19-2000 at 05:16 PM]

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
SJR, Whats also rotten is that now you have an arrest record. Even if your found not guilty, you have a record of an arrest. To get rid of this, you'll have to hire a lawyer and get this esponged. Of course the lawyer will have his hand out for a fee.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Did officer Odie take any glossy pictures for evidence?

You should have sat there on the bench and said, "Kill, Kill, Killlllll"

Everybody now ! "Walk right in it's around the back. Justa half a mile from the railroad track"

Arlo must have been in lawn care!

Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
SJR--wow! you must have jack booted thugs for cops where you are. LOL!

down my way, we just issue citations unless the litterbug has an attitude.

as far as illegal dumping, how were you charged if the landowner didn't prosecute? legirons and cuffs? I know we lawn care guys are a rough looking bunch but yeeesh!

I'da just made you sit on the "GROUP W BENCH" for a while and let you go. ;)

And to all, have a safe and happy Turkey Week!

GEO

·
Registered
501 Posts
That is a pretty good story, don't tell that one to customers though. I went to college in Virginia where I forgot to pay a speeding ticket. A few days after the date the fine was due, 2 deputies show up at my dorm with weapons drawn. I was cuffed, face down on the floor and hauled out to the cruiser in front of 150 or so people watching, red lights flashing. I heard comments like, "I knew that guy was a drug dealer". It looked bad at a conservative, christian university, especially with the Dean of Men watching. Fingerprints and mugshot and I was back on the streets like a cheap hooker. The officer who wrote up my ticket did not show at the court hearing and the case was dismissed without me paying a cent. Socially, I was labelled a criminal because I was back in school without most of the student body having an explanation so it must have been my druglord connection that sprung me and paid off the cops, very hush hush. What the heck I just let people believe it.

G

·
A few years back me and two of my workers were sweeping a parking lot at night and a police officer came by and said that he had a complaint and to stop the sweeper and to go home, that if he had to come back again he would have to arrest me, I told the officer that we would be done in an hour and that I was not going to stop, he told me he would do the same thing but if the station recieved another complaint that he had no choice, so about an hour went by and we were just about done, and five police cars with lights on and all come in the parking lot and block the sweeper and trucks. They impounded all the equipment, charged me and my workers with disturbing the peace and with a few noise ordinence laws. Needless to say I no longer sweep at night if it takes more than one hour. Learned the hard way.Just My two cents

·
Registered
7,940 Posts
Man,dont get me wrong, I love cops, but sometimes I wonder if they aren't just looking for something to do? (in between donut breaks of course!) If people complained, they should just question what you are doing there (dumping, sweeping) if it isn't a life threatening circumstance, just a verbal warning would/should suffice. The public just needs to CHILL OUT sometimes.

BTW I live next to a strip-mall and they run a vac truck around 3am but I cant hear it.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Yo Dude
I was like at a commercial place one day...chillin,

I had been mowin' and s..tuff
Doin' a lil trimmin' yo
I was packin' to like ...........leave and
As I put my uh.....whats that....oh...tailgate! up
Da man came flyin in on his cop truck

Yo, that man popped me for missin' some weedeatin'

He was the "QUALITY POLICE"

DID 2 YRS HARD TIME FO DAT.

COMPETITION NARCED ON ME!

Homie in da hood

·
Banned
1,250 Posts
Homer,

I'm glad I gave up smokin that crap a couple years ago. I love the yo on the end of every sentence. Where the heck did that ever come from. You gotta just love these kids in the nice affluent neighborhoods walkin up and down the streets with their pants at the bottom of their arse. And the limping like your one leg is broken, and having the one pant leg rolled up, or riding around with the crome duct tape on the bottom of their car stating "caught ya lookin", Yeah, you caught me laughing too, (at the clown car). If my kid ever came home looking like a rodeo clown, i would thoroghly punish him till they got the hint. The parents these days need a good a$$ woopin.

OOOOOOPPPS,

Sorry for changing the subject

Can you tell that I am very conservative?

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
I know a few dull eyed mouth breathers that have been charged with a felony called mopeary with the intent to gawk.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.