1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Ever break all your mowers in one day??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 81Bronk36, Jul 21, 2008.

1. 81Bronk36

81Bronk36 LawnSite Member

I did today. Actually it was in 2 hours I broke both pull start cords on both of my mowers. The luck. I hope its not the new magnetic signs on my truck... the day I ordered them I lost one of my best customers, I get them on and this happens:hammerhead: I can't handle much more drama:dizzy:

2. jiggz

jiggz LawnSite Senior Member
    from jerz

lol no but i have had about 5 trimmers all die the same week.. give it a couple days youll laugh about it.. why did you lose a coutsomer though??.. i HATE when that happens especially when its over a stupid reason

3. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I've had my two break down a total of three times in two days before,
    each breakdown entitled me to another trip home, does that count?

I had to go home, either to get the part that I needed to fix it or to
    just grab the other mower, it was broke down that good.

Not sure what all it was anymore, I recall the T-bar itself was one thing,
    the belt tensioning pulley adjustment eyebolt was another...

The best part thou, with the exception of that eyebolt I didn't have,
    one mower did end up sitting for a week (or three) but despite the
    hassle I still got 16 lawns mowed in them two days :p

Eh yeah, I keep a spare T-bar for parts :p
    Wouldn't be the first time that POS broke.
    The eyebolt threw me off, that was a first for me in seven years,
    but besides the one I replaced I have a spare of that now too lol

5. MisfitBobletts

MisfitBobletts LawnSite Member

I have 2 Walker mowers, my employee took one out comes back a few mins later with a stripped gear box...so he takes the other one while i work on it, comes back about 10 mins later with another stripped gear box....ended up having to swap a gearbox from one to another just so i could have at least one mower running. They are old mowers so i run into these kinda probs all the time.

6. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

And, huh?

Well, I've had two 21"s break down in a week before, but that's just a little bit more bearable - the first one was the transmission, the second one was the carburetor.

7. mowerman87

mowerman87 LawnSite Member

The first day I ever had a crew running without me, I wanted to feel like a bigshot in the lawncare rat race, but two 21's broke down in the same morning- I wound up having to drop off another mower at their location and I was left with only a toro 37" to finish my resi's that day. no beginners luck for me

8. DT Lawn Care

DT Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

on one day a week, we use just 21"s. last year, we had all 4 of our 21"s on the trailer break down in a matter of hours... that sucks man

9. 81Bronk36

81Bronk36 LawnSite Member

Well after hearing some of these stories I don't feel quite as bad. I lost the customer because his son now works for a landscaper and he is mowing the lawn from then on.