• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

Ever dig up anything good?

lawndog

LawnSite Member
I was thinking the other day about all the times I dug holes for plants,etc.,and all the dirt I moved in the last twenty or so years,but I've never discovered anything of any value.Say like a gold nugget,well it sounds good.Any lucky finders out there, and if so what?

Runner

LawnSite Fanatic
I found a 20 dollar bill in a pile of wet leaves once while doing a cleanup.... Does THAT count?

bob

LawnSite Platinum Member
Last summer I stopped by a drainage ditch for a quick 5 minute job. My son was with me. He looked down and found a $20 bill sticking out from a rock. I had been to this area lots of other times and never found anything.

Mark

LawnSite Senior Member
I was picking up road trash before i started mowing and found a ten dollar bill in a milkshake cup. I guess thats not digging but even that ten dollars put a smile on my face, some gas and lunch.

MOW ED

LawnSite Fanatic
Years ago I was helping a friend landscape his brothers townhouse in the historic old Pullman section of Chicago and I dug up an old silver dime and a penny from 1881. Don't know what they are worth but its pretty interesting.

Greenkeepers

LawnSite Senior Member
I'm always finding kids toys dog bones etc.... I found $5 once blowing around a lawn that I was at. Luckily I've never dug anything up. My luck it would be a casket!!

JML

LawnSite Senior Member
My cousin is a contractor/excavator. On a job that they were clearing the land on they kept digging up these rotted black boxes. Turned out to be caskets from the 1800's. No one had known about it and it didn't last that long since they grinded everything up.. True story