Lawn Care Forum banner

Ever use a wright stander?

4K views 31 replies 16 participants last post by  Ramairfreak98ss 
#1 ·
a buddy of mine from another LCO got a 36" hydro model, stand on it, pretty neat, ive seen these before but never paid much attention, similar to what JD has in a quicktrack machine. This thing has wheelie bars to lean it back on if you dont want the front on the ground for some reason, its pretty neat, does like 6-8mph guestimating, not cheap though like your average walk behind. in the high 4k range.

Do any other brands make these? they only come with kawasaki motors, everyone uses them these days and im anti anything foreign if i can get somethign more domestic like a kohler or briggs motor.

#27 ·
Daner said:
The way I was testing this beast...I had my hands on the solid bar and my fingers on the padded sticks...I s that the way you drive er??
The standers are all new to me...I need the best machine possible on ditches...do you think this stander will out run a walk behind??
The heal of your palm goes on the steel yellow bar in the middle...and you pull the 2 black grip handles that are further away to go forward and the ones closest to you to go backwards. Or one at a time to turn. It is WAY better than a walk behind if you ask me...it is quicker, better on hills, takes up less space on the trailer and costs about the same as a hydro w/b. :clapping:

#28 ·
Daner said:
Ric3077 said:
It's like a T-BAR style steering works great! Although i don't recommend going diagonal on hills...up and down or side to side works best].[/QUOTE
The way I was testing this beast...I had my hands on the solid bar and my fingers on the padded sticks...I s that the way you drive er??
The standers are all new to me...I need the best machine possible on ditches...do you think this stander will out run a walk behind??
It will out run it if it can cut it. I was mowing retention areas today that would kill a stander. You have to walk it with a WB and pistols are the best for this situation if you know how to operate them. There are situations where a WB can save hours over a weedeater and no other mower can do it.

#29 ·
Ric3077 said:
I love my 36" stander. It is the best mower on hills by far. Up and down or side to side can handle 45 degree slopes...although they only recommend like 20 degree slops...
I've never seen a stander but I've never heard of anything that mowed a 45 degree slopes. Can anyone verifly this.... Or maybe you misjudged the slope. A 45 degree angle is close to this / but not hardly that steep.

#30 ·
tacoma200 said:
I've never seen a stander but I've never heard of anything that mowed a 45 degree slopes. Can anyone verifly this.... Or maybe you misjudged the slope. A 45 degree angle is close to this / but not hardly that steep.
A big wheel hydro WB will mow with pistols stuff almost that steep, a stander cannot mow as steep as a good WB.

#31 ·
Ramairfreak98ss said:
Do any other brands make these? they only come with kawasaki motors, everyone uses them these days and im anti anything foreign if i can get somethign more domestic like a kohler or briggs motor.
Some Kohler and Briggs models are made in Japan...

Actually the Kawasaki air cooled twins I think are made in the USA.

From the sound of your name you own a car made in Canada, so you must not be too anti foreign. Dont worry...I have a 97 30th Z28 :canadaflag:

#32 ·
pugs said:
Some Kohler and Briggs models are made in Japan...

Actually the Kawasaki air cooled twins I think are made in the USA.

From the sound of your name you own a car made in Canada, so you must not be too anti foreign. Dont worry...I have a 97 30th Z28 :canadaflag:
lol actually i have 2 Grand Prixs and a Grand am now and a Ford truck. Im not anti-canadian, im anti everything else :dancing:

Briggs and kohler are owned by US operating companies, so made here or not its more domestic than a kawasaki hand built here by american workers and then profits shipped over to japan right

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.