• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Everide VS. Wright...standers

mowingizbestsport

LawnSite Member
Just started mowing larger yards and I would like to upgrade to a standar. I currently have a 36" Scag gear-wb. Im wondering about any comments about either brand and how they cut or difficulties found with either mowers. Im looking at a 48".

CustomKare

LawnSite Member
Have two Wrights.....Sentar 36" and a stander 52". Love them both. If you go with a stander get the rapid height adjustment model. The non adjustment one is a pain. Be sure 48" can still fit through gates if needed.

You won't regret a stander

Envy Lawn Service

LawnSite Fanatic

CustomKare

LawnSite Member
I change heights all the time. Different grades of yards require it. Some home owners have specific heights they want and in the case of double cut I cut hight then lower.

tallimeca

LawnSite Bronze Member
do a search there are tons of these floating around. Everride, Great Dane, and Gravely are all the same for the most part. Stander is made by Wright.

Wright is priced much higher is most cases.

Like I said, do a search for Everride Scorpion, Great Dane Surfer or super surfer, and Gravely Pro Stance.

thebeans

LawnSite Member
EverRide has their Scorpion FX for $4495 after instant rebate right now. I think they also have a $1500 rebate on a Scorpion 52 with Kohler making the final price a little over 5K. Pretty sweet.

Envy Lawn Service

LawnSite Fanatic
I change heights all the time. Different grades of yards require it. Some home owners have specific heights they want and in the case of double cut I cut hight then lower.
Well then, that rules out the regular fixed deck standers.

You'd be pulling your hair out trying to change the cutting heights on the fixed deck.

So that leaves you with the Rapid Height Standars and Sentars from Wright.

Then you have your choice of flavor on the versions of the floating deck Great Dane design.

You can get the.....

Great Dane Super Surfer
Everride Scorpion
Gravely Pro-Stance 2352FL
John Deere Quick Trak

LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnSite Silver Member
the problem with the RH Stander is the lack of HP (19hp max)........ A serious flaw in my opinion.....I have the 23hp on a 52" Stander and will get the 25hp the next time.....

Envy Lawn Service

LawnSite Fanatic
the problem with the RH Stander is the lack of HP (19hp max)........ A serious flaw in my opinion.....I have the 23hp on a 52" Stander and will get the 25hp the next time.....
Well, he's looking at a 48".

So what do you think of that combo with the 48" Rapid Height?