• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

EverRides new Scorpion Mower

greengiant9963

LawnSite Senior Member
EverRides web site has just put up photos of there new stand on mower. Looks pretty nice. I wonder what the price tag is on a 52 inch 23 horse??

impactlandscaping

LawnSite Silver Member
Unless some serious changes have been made to it, it's still a Great Dane SSII w/ ER logos. I talked with a R&D guy at Expo, and he said they were going to make some changes, most noticeably the Everride Tunnel Deck on the new version. I'll have to go over and check it out.

Envy Lawn Service

LawnSite Fanatic
impactlandscaping said:
Unless some serious changes have been made to it, it's still a Great Dane SSII w/ ER logos. I talked with a R&D guy at Expo, and he said they were going to make some changes, most noticeably the Everride Tunnel Deck on the new version. I'll have to go over and check it out.
Yup, that would still be the case.

maxess1000

LawnSite Member
The mower is a Great Dane. The reason for the failure of the Dane was patent infringement. Wright has licensed the current design because they know it is flawed. It has to do with the position of the rider in relation to the wheel motors. It creates poor traction on hills and rider instability.

jtkplc

LawnSite Silver Member
maxess1000 said:
The mower is a Great Dane. The reason for the failure of the Dane was patent infringement. Wright has licensed the current design because they know it is flawed. It has to do with the position of the rider in relation to the wheel motors. It creates poor traction on hills and rider instability.
That's for darn sure...

bandbmowing

LawnSite Member
On the scorpion I got a quote of $5595 for the 52" deck and 23hp Kawasaki. That was after he lowered his price to what I told him Great Dane was quoting me. The first price he gave me was $6095.