1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

every 12 days

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Brianslawn, May 4, 2006.

1. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

had a lady say every week is too often.

every other it gets too tall.

can you mow every 12 days?

guess what i told her?

2. P & L Turf

P & L Turf LawnSite Senior Member

Thats she's an IDIOT:laugh:

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Former Moderator

you said, "no problem, we'll start today." ;)

4. ALBsun1

ALBsun1 LawnSite Member

what? that you would do it? I would. 12 days is not that excessive.

5. Brianslawn

i let the phone do the talking....

'click'

6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Former Moderator

Well every business is different, but not only is 12 days too much time to let go in the spring, it really wrecks havoc on a schedule. One week you'd be there on monday, 12 days later on a saturday, next time on a thursday, then a tuesday, etc... besides not only that, but we are in different locations each day of the week, so if we pick up a lawn on our thursday route, then it automatically gets added to our thursday route, not backtracking to get there on another day.
    I don't think it's really that lady's fault though, not everyone out there realizes how a lawn maintenance company is set up and run, she may have thought Brian only had 15 accounts, and could easily fit her in any time she wanted. :laugh:

7. Brianslawn

exactly. but only we have 15 or more, per crew per day. 3 crews.

8. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

I would have said sure, every twelve days and charged her an extra fee...must be nice to be able to throw customers away like that.

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

If I am not inconvenienced by the prop being out of the way or excessive growth, I have no problem.

10. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I had this same problem come up yesterday. Long time customer says she can't afford 10 day cuts and wants me to go 2 weeks. I meet her half way for 12 days. I had a choice of either dumper her or she dumping me for somebody cheaper. Right now there is no way I can afford to lose anymore yards. Here, its the customers who are in charge. There are many LCO's just begging my customers for the accounts:rolleyes: