• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

every other week

fullburn

LawnSite Member
What's your opinion on every other week customers an how to you handle pricing them. I often thought about dumping them, more trouble keeping track of than its worth

Lawn Dog2001

LawnSite Bronze Member
I charge more for bimonthly customers. It is a pain in the behind. I try hard not to take any on.

mow2nd

LawnSite Senior Member
Charge $10 more than weekly, just because you may have to double cut. I don't mind biweekly customers. I put them on schedule just like any other customer.

Those people I never really here from. Plus I'm getting more to cut their grass. I just cut them every 14 days.

Now the ones that Fertilize. those are a pain, I just tell them I gotta do it every week. But the crappy yards. they usually ain't that bad

KenH

LawnSite Bronze Member
Its easier/cheaper for them, harder for you.

I cut thier lawns on my terms, not theirs.

locutus

LawnSite Bronze Member
Twelve dollars more and no raking/bagging/double-cutting. If there are too many clippings then I'm not mowing often enough.

MN Wildwood

LawnSite Member
We charge a $5.00 sur-charge, thinking of increasing it, but we only have 2 customers like this. In terms of dispersing clippings we only do a quick walk around which on a normal mowed weekly lawn takes care of everything, but on every other week mowings still leaves a few areas, the service is the same and takes the same amount of time, its just a scheduling headache.