1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Everyone In Here

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mike75, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Mike75

Mike75 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

If you do not mind me asking; What is your education and if you were to change it, what would you change it to? Why?

Personally, I am completing a 4 year degree in Turf Management. I love grass, but sometimes think I should have went with Landscape Contracting.

Thank you for your responses.

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Engineering Grad myself. Got tired of politics and working for someone elses future, so now I am a Green Engineer:) If I were to take more schooling, would be in Horticulture possibly.

3. martyman

martyman LawnSite Member

Took small business in College...Apprenticed as a graphic artist, could have been a mechanic...I was never sure what I wanted to be.

4. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

I have adegree in electronics..and I am still in that feild.....I also wanted a "fall back" plan as far as income so I started my lawn business.

5. leostaats

leostaats LawnSite Member

Bachelors in Business and Small business and entrepreneurship. Just get a degree. Realtiy is even if it isnt the profession you end up in. Most jobs for example "elevator mechanic" just require a degree, a degree in anything.... Your much more valuable as a college grad or a degree holder.

6. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

BS in Mathematics from MTSU.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

That would suck to go through a 4 year degree and then wonder if you should have spent your time on a different degree....4 years too late dude.

8. bibbo

bibbo LawnSite Member

high school lol.. leaving in july for MMI in Orlando majoring in harley-davidson motorcycles :drinkup:, the landscaping is a side thing for some extra cash but i love doing it and don't plan on stopping any time soon

9. Ooomwizard

Ooomwizard LawnSite Senior Member
    from atlanta

B.S. Electronics Management
    Series 7 Brokers license (Stock broker, Mutual funds, Annuities)
    Insurance License
    Pilot License
    Fert & Pesticide license

Ditto on "just get a degree." No matter what, it helps.

10. Mike75

Mike75 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Thank you to those that replied, but I wish more people would answer. I am inspired by those that only graduated high school and yet due to hard work and determination they have succeeded. I know there are many of you that are like that one here. Chime in guys.