1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Everyone needs dealers like this....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LwnmwrMan22, Feb 14, 2006.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I wish we had a private dealer that was even remotely like that.
    But we don't. Most of them compete to see who can serve us the worst I think.

My Lesco came from out of town and their service makes the locals look bad from 80 miles away. Best service I have had so far. But the distance may make warranty-type shop repairs a bit of a headache. But after the warranty period I will probably still use them for anything I can't fix.

3. Duck Dodger

Duck Dodger LawnSite Senior Member

I used to have one like that b&b tractors in dalton GA. They where awesome anytime I had a mower down they would give me another while mine was being fixed. I know a lot of dealers do that but when I started working for the company I was working for they had been buying all thier equipment elsewhere. I stumbled apon these guys and we would gladly drive the 45 minutes out of the way to use them.

4. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

We have one like that in our area: Gator Power. They pretty much deal exclusively with LCO's and tree guys. Service is awesome, thats where I take my 2 cycle crap if I have any problems. Only drawback for me, is they dont sell/service eXmark, they are a Scag, Wright, and Husky dealer.

The eXmark dealer is only like 10 mins away though, they are pretty good also service wise. I would never buy any mowers from him, but his service dept is good....

5. Mlc gmc03

Mlc gmc03 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

We have one in chicagoland, its called RUSSO

6. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

I HAVE A DEALER THAT IF MY MOWER IS DOWN HE WILL GIVE ME A DEMO TO USE TILL MINE IS FIXED AND THERE ARE 3 DEALERS HERE BY ME THAT DO THIS. I THOUGHT THAT WAS MORE OF A NORMAL THING. I COULD BE WRONG..hammer

7. YGWBill

YGWBill LawnSite Member

my ferris dealer will give me a demo to use if mine goes down he is great to deal with

8. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Our dealer, Homeland Equipment, is that good.

9. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Only problem is they don't sell any commercial equipment...

ONLY KIDDING!!!!:laugh:

10. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

Scotts power equipment is the dealer in the st. louis area that does all this and more. Plus they have 3 locations!