• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

Everyones favorite topic: Insurance

Nathan

LawnSite Member
Since it is now down time I want to take advantage by seeing if I can reduce some costs. Where did most of you go to in order to see if you were getting the best possible rate on contractors insurance and bonding. It seems kind of hard to find agents who are willing to give comparisons or brokers who will give more than one rate. I have just used agents referred from friends and relatives, but I know that there is probably better rates out there from reputable companies. By the way I currently pay 150/year for a 4000 bond and approx 1000/year for 500k prop and liab.
Any info would help. Thanks

OP
N

Nathan

LawnSite Member
Come on guys! Am I the only one who is legally operating out there or am I just getting such a great price that no one has and help to offer.

thelawnguy

LawnSite Silver Member
You will need to contact several agents, as most are beholden to one company for the majority of their income.

My contractor liability is $278 for $1 million coverage (6 months) lawn maintenance, and another 278 for street cleaning 6 mo (plowing). Farm Family, available thru your local Farm Bureau.