1. Free Webinar: Why the Growth of Propane Deserves Your Attention
    Date: Thursday, April 25th
    Time: 11:00am EST
    Find out how switching to propane can save your company time and money. Click here to register
    Dismiss Notice

Ewing

Discussion in 'Professional Discussions' started by irritation, Apr 2, 2019.

1. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

I guess Ewing is coming to Nap Town.
    Bought out the old Toro supply house.
    I was wondering how they compared to Site One or others on price and contractor service.

J Hisch likes this.
  2. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

I Love Ewing.
    A+
    They hire good honest men in my experience.

Wye Oak Tree and BrandonV like this.
  3. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Bronze Member

Top Notch well ran company.

4. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

i've lots of experience with them. good folks. they are defiantly having some growing pains at least here in NC with stock issues and lack of staff. but the staff they have are great

5. gusbuster

gusbuster LawnSite Bronze Member

Ewing here in CA have always treated us well. On some items, site one beats them, on some items, ewing has a better price.

At my Dublin warehouse, within a 3 block area i can go to Ewing, Horizon and Site One. So what i need, if on sale, will buy from there.
    John

6. kemco

kemco LawnSite Bronze Member

They are not my #1 go to but definitely #2 . Customer service has always been outstanding. Pricing is only reason they are probably not #1. They are a lot closer to me than my main chem supplier.

7. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Gold Member

Our parts supplier for inventory is Site One. My closest supplier is Horizon so I go there all the time .

Years ago Ewing was our closest and at the time our parts supplier was a place called United pipe supply. So I went to Ewing All the time.. The crew were very friendly.

Now, I only stop into our Ewing 3 or 4 times a year, and now I don't know anyone. So it's not very personable for me anymore. They also don't stock Poly Parts up here

I will say not all, but some of their items are considerably more expensive the other suppliers. At the same time a 1" Backflow from Horizon is $30 more then the same one from Site one.. You can request for a price list

8. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Silver Member

Did 100% of our business with them for a good 20 + years. They seem to have a lot of inventory issues the last couple of years. Not sure if it's just our local branch or a regional thing or if it's company wide. We started giving more of our business to Hydroscape Products but they were bought out by SiteOne. Everybody at SiteOne seems really eager to help us with whatever we need, pricing is great and most importantly they always have plenty of whatever I need in stock. The only disappointing thing is that Ewing is a 10 minute drive from our shop while SiteOne is 30 minutes away.

9. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

So this thread isn’t about Celtics basketball then?

10. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

Well i certainly am not close enough to any of them!