Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have made my decision on which mower to buy. I was picking between the JD737 and the Ex Mark 52" 23hp Kaw. I am considering picking up the Ex Mark in the morning. It is obvious that for the most part, everyone likes the Ex Mark the best. I want to know of any known issues of the Ex Mark that I have not heard yet. I want to know of any bad experiences w/dealers or w/the manufacture. Any problems w/the mower, deck, or any thing else I should look out for. All the help is very appreciated.

· Banned
2,440 Posts
Well, this one time, I flipped over the handle bars. Oh, and this other time, I sunk one in a deep ditch. And this one time at band camp......er....nevermind.

Only horror stories you will most likely here will be the very RARE lemon, which all brands seem to have. But I'm sure the warranty should take care of that.

I LOVE MINE!!:blob4:

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol Thanks. That is the kind I want to hear. Just don't want to put out wasted money AGAIN for something I did not go over the best I could. I am sure you understand where I am coming from. Thanks again for taking the time to post.

· Registered
429 Posts
Lighhtning, if you don't mind a little piece of advice, I would sugget you get the Lazer over the hp.

Every year I upgrade to the next bigger mower. And at the end of that year I wish I'd spent the extra Grand or two and bought the one bigger than the one I bought better productivity, better cut more horsepower.

However I also understand that one has a budget he/she must follow and or the accounts you have won't allow for anything bigger. But if a 52 incher is what you want, I'd go with the Lazer over the Lazer hp. jm $.02.

Enjoy what ever you decide to purchase.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info jsr2741. I will take that into consideration. I think the price is not going to let me get the manly mower this time!:D I maybe able to swing it a little later on. I was not planing on buying another mower for at least two more years, but then again, I was not aware of the problems w/my old mower.

Thanks again.

· Registered
3,502 Posts
i aint hardly believing this . not one horror story ,about an lazer. kinda hard to believe . by the way i run a lazer and think its an amazingly effective and durable machine.ranks right there with the 028 stihl chain saw as being bullet proof. at least mine does.
only problems i ever had with either was of my own doing.

· Registered
3,684 Posts
Only bad problem with our exmarks is from customers who were comfortable with the idea of paying $30 for a cut because they spent 3 hours on Saturday doing it themselves. But when the mowing crew shows up and cuts the whole thing in 15 minutes...

· Registered
10,079 Posts
Well, there was this Exmark 52 ZTR that was being towed on a trailer and got into a terrible crash. It was crumpled and mangled to the point that it looked like a Dynamark lawn tractor. It was put in the back of the junk yard with the rest of the wreckage. When the insurance adjuster went to look at it, it was gooooone. Without a trace! All the LCOs in the area searched high and low for it, but it was never found. Some say... that on moonlit nights...you can still hear that 23 Kawasaki engine purring and those Excaliber blades whirrring.

Sorry, that's the only Exmark horror story I could come up with. I've got 2 Exmarks (see my signature line) and love them.

· Registered
637 Posts
I do like my lazer But we are on the 3rd clutch and it is only 3.5 yrs old. About 1 a year at 200+ bucks a pop.

And yes, we do engage at low rpm's like we are suppose to.
Other than that it has been a tank. We push it to the limits daily and it holds up. A couple bushings and only 1 belt replacement as preventative maintenance. I would recommend the exmark and we will be buying a new one soon.

· Banned
11,316 Posts
Originally posted by darryl gesner
it looWell, there was this Exmark 52 ZTR that was being towed on a trailer and got into a terrible crash. It was crumpled and mangled to the point that ked like a Dynamark lawn tractor. It was put in the back of the junk yard with the rest of the wreckage. When the insurance adjuster went to look at it, it was gooooone. Without a trace! All the LCOs in the area searched high and low for it, but it was never found. Some say... that on moonlit nights...you can still hear that 23 Kawasaki engine purring and those Excaliber blades whirrring.

hahaha! thanks DG! good one!:laugh:

GEO

· Registered
2,797 Posts
I have an hp52..very happy with it...only nagging problem I ever had was with the Ultra Vac attachment. It took the distributor in Maryland(not the dealer or Exmarks fault) 8 weeks to send the right part to repair it when it only had 3 hours on it).

I have never had better or faster customer service for ANYTHING I have ever bought, than from Exmark..and that includes cars, boats, appliances, you name it. When you call them with a ? or problem they will get back to you almost immediately. Their customer service is the single most important reason I just bought another Exmark. They just dont "talk" about great service like so many companies do, but they actually live up to their marketing hype which is rare these days. When you work with them you will get the feeling that they SINCERELY value you as an Exmark customer. Oh by the way, I've asked them some really stupid questions over the past 2 years and they never once got impatient or gave me an attitude because my question was a no brainer.

· Registered
14,229 Posts
I Love Exmark As a Whole. Go To exmarks Forum And Look up TO EXMARK This will give You My Point Of Veiw About Them. Just Remember I Just Got In From a Very Toughf Day Here In Very wet Connecticut.
John.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Font Adaptation Poster

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.