1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

    Dismiss Notice

exam help

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by frank's lawncare, Jan 6, 2004.

  1. frank's lawncare

    frank's lawncare LawnSite Member
    from PA
    Messages: 10

    how can i take the exam to be a certified irrigation contractor.now i dont have the time to work for some one in this feild for 3-years to get the expierance.does my state of PA offer this exam because the only one i found that offers this is the irrigation association and you half-to have 3-years work expierance to take the exam from them what can i do to get into this line of work. now keep in mind i wont be irrigating a farm, just commercial-home-owner

  2. SamIV

    SamIV LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 324

    I don't think you have to be certified by th IA to start installing irrigation, but check with you state or county agencies to see. You might need special licensing by your state. Check also plumbing codes as to which type of back flow the state requires and who and how it is supposed to be installed. Go to the IA site and look at their educational literature. The books are relatively inexpensive. Start with something basic. And yes, you can't take the exam without the 3 years experience. Don't let this deter you, everyone who started in this business was not IA certified.
    If you have further questions feel free to PM me.
  3. Mdirrigation

    Mdirrigation LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,753

    Here in Maryland all you need Is a Home Improvement licence, it covers everything from decks and additions to irrigation.

    If you are interested I have a ditch witch 350 sx vibratory plow for sale . Fell free to email me at Rachett1@aol.com I can send you pics and details.

Share This Page