Lawn Care Forum banner

exam help

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Mdirrigation 
#1 ·
how can i take the exam to be a certified irrigation contractor.now i dont have the time to work for some one in this feild for 3-years to get the expierance.does my state of PA offer this exam because the only one i found that offers this is the irrigation association and you half-to have 3-years work expierance to take the exam from them what can i do to get into this line of work. now keep in mind i wont be irrigating a farm, just commercial-home-owner

thanks,
Frank

#2 ·
I don't think you have to be certified by th IA to start installing irrigation, but check with you state or county agencies to see. You might need special licensing by your state. Check also plumbing codes as to which type of back flow the state requires and who and how it is supposed to be installed. Go to the IA site and look at their educational literature. The books are relatively inexpensive. Start with something basic. And yes, you can't take the exam without the 3 years experience. Don't let this deter you, everyone who started in this business was not IA certified.
If you have further questions feel free to PM me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.