Lawn Care Forum banner

excavator rotary broom

6K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  4 seasons lawn&land 
#1 ·
I think a rotary broom would be much more useful on a mini X than a skid. never seen one though.

#7 ·
eh, nevermind then. I just thought it would be nice if you could reach anywhere with one. Tight spaces and up higher. I have a really unique situation where I have to clean snow off the tops of 10 ft diameter cylinders that are in the ground. They sit 4 ft above the ground and there are 200 of them. Takes 7 hours, 1 spine and 2 shoulders to clean them of a foot with a power broom trimmer.

#8 ·
eh, nevermind then. I just thought it would be nice if you could reach anywhere with one. Tight spaces and up higher. I have a really unique situation where I have to clean snow off the tops of 10 ft diameter cylinders that are in the ground. They sit 4 ft above the ground and there are 200 of them. Takes 7 hours, 1 spine and 2 shoulders to clean them of a foot with a power broom trimmer.
Rent a Genie Lift or something, you can get these little units you pull behind a car from Cat Rentals, I've seen one use here by a gutter company, very wild looking little lift.

#9 ·
Actually, SnowEx makes a angle broom roughly 7ft wide (Non rotating) that goes on the front of a truck Via Plow mounts. A person thats doing what you are could get something like that and fab it to go on a mini or a tractor hoe.

You could go right down the middle of the rows, reach to both side and clear your area in maybe 1/3 the time.

J.

#10 ·
Thanks for explanation, I can be a little more understanding of your first comment. I was wondering where your head was.

#11 ·
How bout getting a piece of rubber cutting edge (for a plow) and using a couple pieces of steel to bolt it to the bucket, thus allowing you to use it as a plow with virtually no damage.

#12 ·
Old thread;
I sweep parking lots after snow removal and sanding. We use 3/8s "P" rock in place of sand because it does not freeze when stock piled. When cleaning lots the property owners want us to also clean the p rock off there lawns. we have been using Stihl power brooms both with rubber paddles and bristles. both work great but some areas have p rock 6" deep and 20 to 40 yards down in ditches. I own a mini TB016 Takuchi which is only 3600 lbs. on rubber tracks. I think it would work great for pulling the rock back up the ditch and onto the parking lots so I can pick it up with one of my street sweepers. I am going to make something up in the next few weeks to see how well it would work and take some of the strain off my old back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.