Exmark 30 X Series

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by danothemano, Aug 16, 2019.

1. danothemano

danothemano LawnSite Senior Member

2. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

3. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Fanatic
    from zone 6

It's the Exmark version of the HDX. Why neither company declined to use the 224 Kohler escapes me . It cures the power problem on this mower. Have not ran a 200 in all fairness maybe it's enough?

4. Brucey

Brucey LawnSite Member

Presumably this also resolves the issues with transmission failures that the Toro has? I was looking at the Toro 30" walk behind for the few yards where I can't fit the 36" stander, but might be easier to just give assign those accounts to a trusted sub who specializes in small lots with a 21". Can a Toro financing card be used to purchase Exmark if I do pull the trigger? Thanks.

5. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

The speed seems to have decreased from 4.1 mph down to 3.8 mph? Hopefully, the new engine cures the power issues. I still think the size of the deck is a problem too. It's too short both in length and height. I don't think the clippings have the time to circulate properly before hitting that deck. In addition, it's a flat deck. That lends itself more to side discharge rather than bagging or mulching.

6. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Short blade decks don’t seem to cut as well as longer bladed ones.

gcbailey likes this.
  7. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Gold Member
    from WV

Definitely agree on this... The single 30" blade Sarlo Big Mo leaves one of the better cuts of any mower I've ever seen, regardless of deck size.

sjessen likes this.
  8. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Fanatic
    from zone 6

Your forgetting the fact that a single blade 30 is the dumbest thing ever created if you mow irregular turf , mow short and own a tape measure.

9. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

Get the new design Proline 21”. Easily best mulching push going. Wet or dry.

10. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Is 20-21" the sweet spot on blade length for mulching?