1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Exmark 36" Fixed BD Walk Behind or Gravely

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Husky03, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Husky03

Husky03 LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I have $2400 saved to get my first commercial grade mower. I will have the rest in a matter of days. I have narrowed it down to these two mowers. The gravely is $2600 at my dealer and I do not know the price on the Exmark (Anyone know the price range for the Exmark?). I really like the Gravely. It looks to be built the best and strongest of any of the popular commercial brands. I plan to get the ECS because I do not like the feel of the pistol grips. Should I get the mulch kit right away or can it wait a little until I can really afford it? Will the cut look like crap if I just side discharge? Also, Should I get a sulky/velky as soon as possible or should I just start out walking? I plan to pay for my new mower with cash, do you think I will be able to get the dealers to come down any in price if I offer them cash? Please give me any info you can.

Thank you...:)