1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Exmark 36" Hyrdro.....your opinion

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KCfireman, Apr 28, 2008.

1. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

A friend of mine is selling his 2001 Exmark 36" Hydro. It has 279 Hrs. on it and i think it has a 15hp or 17hp kaw. engine. like i said it has 279 hrs. on it and he asking for about 3500 to 3000 for it. I think he's asking way too much for it. What do you guy's think?

2. CFB

CFB LawnSite Senior Member

Yes way too much. If it is a turftracer I'd say 2100-2200 tops. If it is a viking...less. I've seen many many 04's and 05's with comparable hours going for 23-2600 fwiw.

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

A couple few years ago I bought a 36" TTHP with around 30 hours on it for $3400...if that helps.

4. Groh's Mows

Groh's Mows LawnSite Member

This spring I bought an Exmark 36" TTHP with maybe 2 hours on it for $3,000. It looked like it just came form the show room and still had the paint under the deck and across about 2/3 of the blades. I had to go a long way to get it though, so there is a trade off. Some on this site will say that the hours on that machine are not that high, but I guess if you cut part time you know that is actually quite a bit. Hard to beat an exmark hydro though.