Exmark 36'' TT vs. Exmark 30"

burnsyscapes

LawnSite Member
Hey guys, just need your onsite on these things.

I currently have a 36" Turf Tracer and looking to down size my business as a hole. Is it worth replacing the Turf tracer with the Exmark 30"

The TT gets around 4 hours a week on it.

I am just truly trying to cut overhead. So anyone that has used both let me know your opinions!

Thanks

sjessen

LawnSite Fanatic
Hey guys, just need your onsite on these things.

I currently have a 36" Turf Tracer and looking to down size my business as a hole. Is it worth replacing the Turf tracer with the Exmark 30"

The TT gets around 4 hours a week on it.

I am just truly trying to cut overhead. So anyone that has used both let me know your opinions!

Thanks

Other than saving a bit on gas how do you think getting a 30" will help on overhead?

PenningsLandscaping

LawnSite Bronze Member
You have an awesome machine, and while the 30 " will cut down your costs in fuel, and you won't need a trailer if you're currently using one, I don't think the loss nj productivity will be worth it.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
B

burnsyscapes

LawnSite Member
well, I'm sitting on a machine that i can get 3500 for or find used 30" for around a grand. take that 2500 and get a 48'' which i don't have, just thinking. i just don't like the feeling of sitting a machine when something else cheaper will do the trick!

also i just would like to know the true comparisons. i know i will save a ton in fuel.

JF660R

LawnSite Senior Member
I think most are saying the 30 would take less gallons per hour, but the 36 would finish in fewer hours negating the difference.

Just buying a 30 and putting a helper behind it might be the best way to increase overhead but consequently increase productivity.

Or buy the 48 you want and put someone behind the 36. Or just have the 36 as a back up. A new 48 at 0% interest is a pretty low monthly payment, if it let you do 1 or two more properties it could be paying for its self.

But your master plan for fuel savings I don't think will really materialize .
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
B

burnsyscapes

LawnSite Member
my plan isn't on saving fuel at all. i currently have a a part time guy with me. so hiring someone isn't what I'm looking at.

I am just trying to cut out monthly payments and i still owe on it. bought it last year and financed it.

echo

LawnSite Bronze Member
You'd be hard pressed to wear that TT out. As far as the Exmark 30 goes, and from what I've read, I wouldn't own or trust one for any period of time...and down and wear time will end up costing you money where as that TT running at 4 hrs a week should not.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bagit

LawnSite Member
I think you'd regret getting rid of the 36". And if you're still paying on the TT, you'd have to take out what you owe for payoff, right? But if interest was eating me alive, I'd maybe sell it and pay cash for used.

Top Forums